Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi candy,

Thanks for helping to being this issue to our attention. Yes, we are experiencing a technical problem that is causing the "Hits" column on the Active Listings page not to be updated for certain users and/or listings. I haven't received a definitive ETA as to when this issue will be resolved, but I suspect we'll have it corrected by the end of the week.

If you are using the "visible" counters, you should still be able to see your hit counts by visiting your auctions and reading the totals of the actual counters. However, if you are using the "hidden" counters, you'll have to wait until we get to the bottom of this to see this data.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Hi Community,

We're actually still looking into this issue and we may or may not be able to get it fixed prior to the weekend. We just added some logging last night that should help us determine the root cause of the problem and, if we can't get this problem resolved today, I suspect we'll be able to implement a solution early next week.

-Mike
Jeez, if THAT"S the only problem I'll have listing here today..... WHOOOOO-HOO!!! Super, just checking in to see what problems to anticipate today. Glad to hear it's fairly smooth sailing. Good luck to everybody. This is going to be a busy next few days, thanks to the holiday. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

*** THANK YOU, to all VETERANS!!!***
Hi - is this issue ever going to be corrected? Should we start looking for alternative counters? Even though I can go in to the auction page to see the counters, when you have 70 to 100 auctions going on, that can be very time consuming. Counters are important to me and I'm sure other sellers - please advise progress, if any, that is being made. Thank you.
Hi Community,

Update - We found another problem that is contributing this behavior so unfortunately it appears this issue is still not resolved as we had hoped. We are going to be releasing another "fix" that we expect will address this issue tomorrow morning and, as a result, you should start seeing these values again before the weekend.

-Mike
Our counters have not been working for a while and this is a terrible detriment to our ability to market.

Auctiva listings show no activity but when I open a listing I see 3 hits. We really can't operate this way with any good judgment. We have 600 online and will be up to 1,000 listings by next week. We can't possibly continually open a listing to see if we had someone look.

My partners as well are not happy campers with this issue. We have been waiting hoping the issues reported will be resolved. I haven't filed a case report.

Susie
Hi Community,

Update - Unfortunately the measure we implemented yesterday afternoon that we expected would address this problem did not seem to do everything we had hoped. Our engineering team is going to continue working on a solution to this problem and we'll get it resolved as soon as we can. The root cause of this behavior is proving to be quite elusive.

-Mike
I think we have been very patient with the counter problem - and I think it is time for you to be honest as to whether this will ever be fixed so those of us who are wasting so much time clicking on auctions to see the count can move on. This may not be a priority to your tech staff but it is a priority to many of us sellers. Please advise.
The Sellathon counter issue has been going on for almost a month. Since this counter is extremely important to all sellers, I am begging Auctiva management to dump it if you can't fix it and get us a different counter system. How in the hell can we determine if items should be relisted if we don't know how many hits the listing had! I know you are working on it but enough time has passed that an alternative solution must be made.
Hi Community,

The issue being discussed in this thread is still being investigated and I'm not quite sure when it will be resolved yet. From what we can tell, this issue is affecting about 2% of our counters and figuring out what is different about those accounts/listings that is causing this behavior is proving to be a more difficult task than we had hoped.

I'll post further updates on this issue to this thread as additional information on this situation becomes available. Thanks for bearing with us.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - While we were never able to find a problem with our code that would account for this behavior, based on feedback we have received from customers (or lack thereof) the past couple days, it seems likely that this problem is no longer occurring.

We ended up updating the hit counts for the users who filed support cases manually and it seems like that may have caused them to start updating automatically again. However, we will definitely be interested in investigating this situation further if the problem is still occurring.

If you are still experiencing this problem, please let us know by contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.