Skip to main content

Hey all, I am an ebay power seller and have been using auctiva for listing for several years. I am having trouble sometimes with the custom items specifics field not showing up while I am listing. It seems to occur mostly on new items. It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't prevent me from posting. I keep getting an error message stating that I have to fill it out. Anyone with any answers would be welcome and greatly appreciated. thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi bairndogdaddy,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I am not aware of any current technical problems impacting the display of the “Custom Item Specifics” link, but I have dealt with a few situations in the past in which certain browser add-ons, specifically Ad Block and Ad Block Plus, have blocked the “Custom Item Specifics” link from being displayed.

If you have the Ad Block or Ad Block Plus add-ons installed on your browser, you should see their logo in your browser toolbar and should be able to disable it either entirely or just for our site by clicking the logo and selecting the desired option.

Alternatively, you should also be able to disable either of these add-ons you may have installed from the “Add-ons” section within your browser's “Tools” menu.

If you do not have either of these add-ons installed, or if you continue to encounter the same problem after disabling them, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Hi dressn4less,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. The issue causing the "Size" option not to show up in the Custom Item Specifics section of some categories did not exist when I last replied to this thread, but we are aware of the problem you have described and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

I will update this thread to let you and any others who are impacted by this problem know as soon as the issue has been addressed or I can get an estimate of when that will happen. We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have just released an update to our site to correct the problem which was causing "Size" and some other dependent Item Specifics attributes not to show up, so you should now be able to enter those details in your listings successfully and get them posted to eBay once again.

If you encounter any further problems of that nature, please contact our customer support team to let us know by mousing over the "Help" tab and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Hi poly-cotton-candy,

I was able to find the support case that you filed about this issue and, given that the “Custom Item Specifics” link was not showing up for you at all, I believe you are most likely encountering the same problem as the initial posted who started this thread.

I am pleased to see that you have since been able to work around the issue by switching from Chrome to Internet Explorer but, if you are still encountered the same behavior in Chrome, I suspect you may have the Ad Block or Ad Block Plus add ons installed on Chrome and that they are preventing the “Custom Item Specifics” link from loading.

Assuming that is the case, you should be able to resolve the problem within Chrome by disabling either of those add ons you may have installed either entirely or just for the Auctiva.com site.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please feel free to follow up with us through your open support case and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi harrisonwindsor,

I'm uncertain which specific category numbers you may be referring to, but I just reviewed a couple categories you have used within the "Jewelry & Watches > Fine Jewelry" section, including category #'s 164343, 164333, and 164319, and found that the attributes displayed by default in the Custom Item Specifics area on our site match those displayed on eBay's Sell your Item form.

If you were seeing different default attributes in the Custom Item Specifics section for those categories previously, it appears that eBay must have made a chance to the default Item Specifics attributes that are provided for those categories.

If you notice any categories for which the default attributes that appear in the Custom Item Specifics section on our site differ from the default Item Specifics attributes provided on the eBay Sell your Item form, please let out customer support team know and we will look into it further.

You can contact our customer support team at any time by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.