Skip to main content

Custom Item Specifics are giving me a world of trouble.

I have an item that doesn't fit the existing Item Specifics choices. The "Brand" isn't listed, nor is the "Size". So... "Create Your Own" ... I thought I could just write in what I need and when I hit submit it would be created. When I look at the ad it shows that I filled in the all the blanks. I do the "Error Check" and it comes back "OK". However, eBay rejects the listing because it is missing the field I wrote in (size required). So.... I decide to cheat and use a size that is already one of the options, yet eBay still refuses the listing on the same grounds.

What am I doing wrong?!?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

"You might be using an old category or when you input your changes you might be forgetting to click submit at the bottom of the specifics section"

I sure wish that were the case! I've double checked by going to ebay and looking for a similar item and double checking the item specifics they have available and what I want to add to my Auctiva custom specifics is an available option on ebay. I've also double checked that I'm clicking submit, just to be safe. No dice. Just to get it over and done with I posted them directly on ebay, no troubles. Frown
Hi tubagurl,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. Our system is designed such that the item specifics attributes that are required or recommended by eBay should be displayed automatically when you click the “Custom Item Specifics” link, so I am not sure why you were unable to see the appropriate options when creating this listing.

I reviewed your account to see if I could find out more about this, but I could not find any recent API errors in your account so I assume you must have deleted them or encounter these errors or perhaps encountered this issue when using another account.

In any event, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team about this directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will look into things further. It is possible that eBay updated some details associated with this specific category and we will need to update our system accordingly.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi tubagurl,
It is possible that eBay updated some details associated with this specific category and we will need to update our system accordingly.

-Mike

That is obviously the case, as there were twice as many options on ebay as there were here. I will contact Customer Support. I did delete all of the listings with errors, which is why you didn't see them.
Hi tubagurl & itsjustme,

Thanks again for helping to bring this to our attention. We have since identified the cause of these errors and our technical team is currently working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I'll follow up with you again through this thread when the issue has been resolved or any other related information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing!

-Mike
Hi tubagurl & itsjustme,

I am pleased to report that we have just released a set of changes intended to resolve this issue, so we expect that you will now be able to post items in categories which have an "Intimates & Sleep" field in the Custom Item Specifics area successfully once again.

Of course, if you encounter any further difficulties of this nature moving forward, please don't hesitate to let us know.

-Mike
Hi itsjustme,

I cannot be certain what caused these failures at present, but I believe they may have been caused by a glitch on the eBay side of things because the "Size Type" field cited in the API error messages that were returned is not required (or even relevant) for the category to which these items were submitted.

That being said, as I mentioned when I replied to the support case you filed on this subject a few minutes ago, I have forwarded the details of the errors to our technical team for further investigation and will follow up with you again once we have some more definitive information to share.

For the time being, it may be good idea to try relisting these items again to see if they go through the next time around. If the failures were indeed due to a glitch on the eBay side of things, simply retrying may be successful.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.