Skip to main content

All I want in my template is a place to put a description (NO IMAGE) so I chose the first tag, but when I preview, there's a picture above the description.

Why is the picture showing up when the tag I use is just [description]?

Is there something I'm missing that can eliminate the two things being together?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag actually works a little different than what you're thinking. That tag reverts picture placement and grouping to the methods used by the one-page lister. This makes the template more like any other Auctiva provided template in use.

The other Image tags are used in combination with the Image Type selection to directly insert them as desired. Using this method, you get exactly the number, type, and placement of images as defined in your custom template.

Using no image tags and just [DESCRIPTION] tag should produce a template where you only see the standard Header, Trailer, and Gallery images on a Preview (that assume you chose a Header and Gallery). Is it possible you are selecting images in the one-page lister for Image #1, etc.? Technically, if there are no tags, you shouldn't get any in the description section. However, selecting one might create some type of conflict bug in Preview. That one's got me pondering..... Confused

Danno
Thanks for the information. I was selecting Image #1 because I hadn't seen the separate place to choose Header and Gallery image. (I still don't know where or what Trailer is.)

When I enter the description, what I would like to do is put 2 or 3 lines of text, then have Image #1 and then several more lines of text.

The template would not have any image tags because they wouldn't be placed until the description is put in.

Is there any way to do that so that Image #1 doesn't automatically show up above where the description text starts?

Thanks again for your help.
quote:
still don't know where or what Trailer is.)

The trailer is the one free large (not supersize) picture that eBay allows on the listing. I call it "trailer" because it's placed at the bottom of the description section automatically by eBay (where they place pics).

There is a Header and Gallery image selection to right of Images 1 - 24 on the one-page lister. Use those and remove the Image #1 to fix that display problem (and it does appear as a bug to accept and display when template has no tags).

Danno
I appear to have having the same problem as the OP. I am using the [Description] Tag, and I want to place my images above, and pair them by 2's then have some text then have my description appear.

EX

[Image1][Image2]
[Image3][Image4]

Text

[Description]

however when I attempt to do this the images will not pair, they stay grouped either vertically or horizontally. which ruins the look of my template.

what am I doing wrong ?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.