Skip to main content

maxcat,

I see your descriptions when I preview. Is there a specific one that is not showing up for you, or is it all of them?

The good news (for you and everyone else so far) is that the descriptions are not lost, they are still in the database... there just seem to be issues getting them to display on the lister page editor.

agemortwo,

The best thing I can suggest is to try posting one of them to ebay and see how the table shows up. I know you and our support guy Mike were working on the table issues. Not sure what you guys did to get them to not appear so large in the first place.

-Kevin
agemortwo,

Did you post any items last night? Just wondering if they posted correctly while the "new" editor was live.

The HTML for the description is saved in the database and I'm guessing it would have posted to eBay exactly the same no matter which editor was being used. i.e., it would have been stretched last night as well.

I think we'll need to look at exactly what HTML was used to create those tables and see if there is something specific with it that is causing the stretching. I'll try and get one of our HTML guru's to look at it.

-Kevin
I just went to saved auctions, and then preview, and all of my descriptions are showing now. I'm using IE. I haven't tried it with Mozila yet. I did have to clear my cache with IE 1st.

Last time I cleared my cache with Mozilla, it acted so weird I couldn't believe it. Most pages wouldn't load the images, or if they did only half the images would load. It was crazy. It wasn't just this site either. I had to do a system restore to get it back to working right again. I am afraid to clear my cache with Mozilla again. LOL! I have no clue what happened. Roll Eyes

Thanks for fixing the editor for now. It's working for me.
Let's see, booky....i'm no expert, but if no one else answers, try this....

For Internet Explorer, go to TOOLS at top of screen, hit INTERNET OPTIONS then under the GENERAL tab, hit DELETE COOKIES and DELETE FILES. YOU'll have to re-sign into any sites where you previously entered a password & it was holding for you, but 'clearing your cache' does help when you'd least expect it--even on eBay.
quote:
Originally posted by 777blessings:
If so many people are having this problem, which I am having the same difficulty as others, then isn't it a problem on Auctivas side? We really need this fixed FAST!!!!

The problem originated from our site, but now browsers are hanging on to the old file that appears to be causing the problem, even though we've fixed things here we still need you to clear out your cache if you've visited the site within the last 24 hours Frown

Glad to hear things are working for you again judyw Big Grin

Joe
I've been on Auctiva since August, but this is my first post to this site. My descriptions are still not working.....the same problem everyone is having. I use IE. I cleared my cache. No luck. I solved the problem on my items by posting the items to eBay. Then I went to eBay and edited the entries on the eBay screens. VERRRRRY time consuming.

I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone out there to go to your recent auction listings on ebay and check them.

My listings showed the descriptions from my other listings, the ones from the templates I used. Everything was really screwed up. It took time to fix this. Hope Auctiva can get a handle on it. Yeah, I know it's FREE, but FREE means nothing if it doesn't work...especially to those who are losing money.

By the way, the new Description screen that was up yesterday with all the options was wonderful....while it worked. Hope Auctiva can get it back soon.

Finally, I guess I would hope that the Auctiva techs were REALLY concentrating on the problems at hand, instead of out there cleaning the leaves from their gutters!
rootbeer,

I see the item you created tonight does not have a description. I see that all of your old listings do have descriptions.

Is it just the "yo quiero" auction that you're having a problem with, or all of your listings?

Did it used to have a description and now it's gone, or it's a brand new listing that you've just tried to create and were not able to get it to save the description?

-Kevin

p.s. We've had a number of people working today that normally have weekends off. Jeff is the owner and I'd expect him to be doing exactly what he has been... telling us engineers to get things fixed.
Okay,

For those that are having issues with the old editor (after we reverted back to it this afternoon), if you were able to use the new editor without a problem, or if you just prefer the new editor, you can still use it on the beta site. The version of the beta site is exactly what we had on the site last night and this morning.

You can use the new editor here:
http://betatest.auctiva.com

WARNING: switching between the two different sites and using the two different editors may cause problems if you don't clear your cache. So, I'd suggest you clear your browser cache before you try the beta site.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
rootbeer,

I see the item you created tonight does not have a description. I see that all of your old listings do have descriptions.

Is it just the "yo quiero" auction that you're having a problem with, or all of your listings?

Did it used to have a description and now it's gone, or it's a brand new listing that you've just tried to create and were not able to get it to save the description?

-Kevin

p.s. We've had a number of people working today that normally have weekends off. Jeff is the owner and I'd expect him to be doing exactly what he has been... telling us engineers to get things fixed.

Kevin, thanks for the quick response. Sorry to rag on the boss!

Yes, the Yo Quiero description did disappear.

Also, If you will to to my item: Pair of 1916 Chevrolet Quarter Panel X-Flag Emblems, you will see that it has the description for 1967 Plymouth Belvedere Hood Ornament.......which is the template I used to set up the Checvy auction.

When I go to the edit screen for 1967 Plymouth Belvedere auction and then go to "Preview", there are no pix and all the shipping and payment details are gone....it just says, Services Available." Any thoughts? Thanks.
8:43PM Saturday Jan 14
Use IE, AOL, Windows xp, nothing keeps my discriptions in place. All closed and saved auction descripts are gone, solid gone. Tried bringing in old txt from ebay saved auctions but they are scrambled mess that come and go. I find if I copy and paste real fast and then post fast, it at least gets posted, or I think it does.
Sometimes better is not better.
Nothing is fixed and I am loosing time and money too. I only have this weekend to get things listed, can we get it fixed just for the weekend!?
Yeah, I love Auctiva too but this is really bad.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.