Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I sell one of a kind things also. I do not delete the saved listings until the item is sold. There are too many times that you might have to go back and change something in a listing. Once it's sold, go ahead and delete it. Even then, I give it a couple of weeks just to make sure the item is not returned.
quote:
Originally posted by Nonie:
I sell one of a kind things also. I do not delete the saved listings until the item is sold. There are too many times that you might have to go back and change something in a listing. Once it's sold, go ahead and delete it. Even then, I give it a couple of weeks just to make sure the item is not returned.

This is good advice. SmileI do the same thing. Smile
I'm not sure I totally understand your question. But yes, I save them all. Here's what I do to keep track of my listings:

I have a notebook with a page for each of my items. On that page is a form that I've made up. I keep all the information on that form pertaining to the listing (fees, dates, etc). Through the years of selling on ebay, I've tweaked the form to be as streamlined as I can make it (we all want to save time!). These pages are kept in order in my notebook.

When the listing ends on ebay, I take it out of my notebook and keep it in a pile to relist or edit or dump. When the item sells, I put the page in a different notebook with all my sold items to make sure it has been delivered. Once I'm sure the item has a new home and won't come back, the page comes out of that sold notebook and gets filed with the year's sales. At that point, I usually go through and delete images. I haven't found it necessary to bother with deleting the saved listings. When I need to find something, I just do a search and up it pops. But if you wanted to delete the listing, this would be the time.

As I go along, I track all my financial information in an excel program I designed. It will automatically total everything up for me for the end of the year taxes, as well as my quarterly B&O taxes.

This may sound like a lot of work, but I've got it pretty streamlined, so it's really pretty efficient. The pages I keep on the items have proven invaluable to me many times. When we sell one of a kind items, it can be difficult to keep track of it all! The pages also help me keep track of where the item is in my ebay room!

Sorry this is long, hope it helps!
Wow- You are really efficient. Sounds like something Lynn Dralle recommends. We used to use Vendio and I tracked everything there but now we have moved here I have had to rethink the way we do things. My hubby is not into keeping a paper trail when we can basically do the same thing from PayPal for the items sold and as long as we keep our items active via auction or store or now we use the Fixed price 30 day option- we don't need to keep a paper trail.
This migration has been a little crazy but I think I have it down how I am going to keep track of what needs to move to a longer duration than auction format.
Thanks for the info- if this doesn't work I may be asking you more questions-
Take care-
Annette

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.