Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Your welcome. Wink

you know I have a degree in Accounting but the ebay paypal mess is too time consuming to figure out, lol. I love this chart, makes it so easy.

For the past year, I've been listening to someone say a store is a waste of time, cause of the higher FVF's it all comes out even at the end. Well I was too lazy to figure it all out, but this chart shows me, he was full of hot air.

Okay, back to work. Frog
I was just figuring this out today. I come here and it's all done for me, cool! Thank you. I realize that I can lower my prices considerably and do greater volume to make a decent profit. Plus some of it will bid up. Selling an item the first of second time around is paramount. All of this relisting is what kills a sellers' bottomline. Buy it low and unload it people. Woohoo!
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
Actually there are alot of people on the store board that say raise your prices to get rid of it, lol.

you sell clothes though which is highly competable on ebay, so may not work for you.

I've been researching different successful apparel sellers. eValueville being one of them. I Googled as much on him as I could. He mentions what he has learned is this, "It's the sale that drives the sales." He starts all of his things out at .99 and does rather well. Of course, he's selling all NWT items. His shipping is $6.95 first item and it goes down gradually. Some of the really hot items should be started out higher because experience has taught a seller it's going to sell. Then there's the rest of it. Nice apparel but not a drop dead dress or killer business suit. It's listing this stuff more than twice that I feel really costs a seller in the end. If I'm paying $1.00 per item and starting them under $10.00 with a flat rate shipping of $8.00 (most items shipping at $4.05 each) I feel I can make a decent profit by inceasing volume. Building a loyal customer base and sticking up a couple thousand items. This is my goal for the upcoming months. I'll let you know how it turns out. For me, I'm going to mimic those sellers who have made it, who are very successful. I think eValueville's owner Mr. Waite is correct, "It's the sale that drives the sales." Thanks again for the info.

I want to add that many of the items will bid up between $2 to $5 on average. Many won't, they'll sell for the reduced rate. However, there are also many that will be caught up in bidding wars. For instance, I sold a dress about a week ago. It's a nice dress but nothing all that special. Anyway, I couldn't sell this dress last season to save my life. I dropped that dress down to $4.95 and it ended up selling for just under $35.00! The first time out and that is key, it sold on its first time out this season. Then again, I sold a so so skirt suit for $5.00. It really doesn't matter because I paid $1.00 for each item. I want it sold and as quickly as possible. I think going with a lowball starting price will all even out in the end. I'll have to list a lot more but hey, if that's what it takes. Besides, if for some reason the buyers like paying 'more' I can always 'raise' my prices, lol.
Last edited by magienoire
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
quote:
Actually there are alot of people on the store board that say raise your prices to get rid of it, lol.

you sell clothes though which is highly competable on ebay, so may not work for you.

I've been researching different successful apparel sellers. eValueville being one of them. I Googled as much on him as I could. He mentions what he has learned is this, "It's the sale that drives the sales." He starts all of his things out at .99 and does rather well. Of course, he's selling all NWT items. His shipping is $6.95 first item and it goes down gradually. Some of the really hot items should be started out higher because experience has taught a seller it's going to sell. Then there's the rest of it. Nice apparel but not a drop dead dress or killer business suit. It's listing this stuff more than twice that I feel really costs a seller in the end. If I'm paying $1.00 per item and starting them under $10.00 with a flat rate shipping of $8.00 (most items shipping at $4.05 each) I feel I can make a decent profit by inceasing volume. Building a loyal customer base and sticking up a couple thousand items. This is my goal for the upcoming months. I'll let you know how it turns out. For me, I'm going to mimic those sellers who have made it, who are very successful. I think eValueville's owner Mr. Waite is correct, "It's the sale that drives the sales." Thanks again for the info.

I want to add that many of the items will bid up between $2 to $5 on average. Many won't, they'll sell for the reduced rate. However, there are also many that will be caught up in bidding wars. For instance, I sold a dress about a week ago. It's a nice dress but nothing all that special. Anyway, I couldn't sell this dress last season to save my life. I dropped that dress down to $4.95 and it ended up selling for just under $35.00! The first time out and that is key, it sold on its first time out this season. Then again, I sold a so so skirt suit for $5.00. It really doesn't matter because I paid $1.00 for each item. I want it sold and as quickly as possible. I think going with a lowball starting price will all even out in the end. I'll have to list a lot more but hey, if that's what it takes. Besides, if for some reason the buyers like paying 'more' I can always 'raise' my prices, lol.

eValueville

http://stores.ebay.com/eValueville
quote:
quote:

WOW, he does alot of sales. I can only dream to make that much in a year, let alone 30days.

I know! Can you imagine? See how he starts everything so low? He does huge volume. With it all starting at .99 people go nuts for it. So, IF a seller can sell an in demand product in HUGE volume at rock bottom prices, they'll make a small fortune.
With it all starting at .99 people go nuts for it. So, IF a seller can sell an in demand product in HUGE volume at rock bottom prices, they'll make a small fortune.[/QUOTE]

My problem is buying NWT items for less than $.99 cents to sell.....I tried pricing $.98 items on SD on their "special day" and ended up losing money big time. I probably should have upped the postage but didn't think to do it.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.