Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello MichaelJTruffa - 

Currently Managed Payments on eBay is by invitation only, so the number of involved sellers remains low as eBay slowly brings sellers on board with the program.  At this time, our listing creation page does not support managed payments as an option you can select, but we expect to be able to make this available as the program becomes more widespread.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

- Craig

Hello LWW,

Your listings should post to eBay as expected as Managed Payments does handle PayPal payments now, where it did not when it was initially released. 

Unfortunately, it is still by invitation only and eBay has not opened up a specific Managed Payments option for third party tools as of yet, so we are unable to provide such an option on the listing creation page.

You may see warnings from eBay's API about this with listings that only have PayPal as the payment method and if you run into a listing which fails to post due to an issue specifically with the payment method on your listing and your eBay account being in Managed Payments, please file a support case letting our support team know the title of the listing and the error that occurs so we can look into it for you.

- Craig

Hello LLW,

Usually, if your item has sold, and displays within your Sales page, we have received the response from eBay and should update the listing accordingly in your Active Listings folder. Are you possibly referring to a listing that has an Auto-Relist Profile on it?

We definitely want to figure out what's going on with your listings. If you will, please reach out to our Support Team via our site at https://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx or you can shoot them an email directly at support@auctiva.com.

We hope to hear from you soon, so we can figure out what's going on in your account, and get it resolved for you. 

-Johnnie Q

I'll send them something when i get a chance. Items that have sold yesterday are still showing in my auctiva active listing folder and at the same time they are reflected as sold in my auctiva transaction folder. In the active listings folder if you click on the ebay id link it comes up as a closed listing. "The War Wagon by Clair Huffaker 1957" is an example of a listing that sold yesterday that is still reflected as active in my folder.

Hi again, LLW,

Thank you for providing us with one of the listings that had failed to move out of your Active Listings folder. I spoke with our Support Team and they were able to see it in your account as well. I'm not completely sure what may have happened there, other than we either had missed the notification from eBay, or eBay may have glitched and not sent us the notification, but we were able to reconcile your account, and confirm that your sold listings that shouldn't be there are no longer there in the Active Listings folder. 

If you continue to face issues with this, please definitely reach out to us directly and our support team will be able to help you out. 

I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Johnnie Q

API Warning

World Enough, and Time by James Kahn 1980 Del Rey Paperback

A payment method is required. You have selected to include a ship-to location that requires a safer electronic payment method (such as PayPal or Credit Card). This listing will not appear on sites that have this requirement.

Completed
Notice

8/26/2019
10:06:50 AM
eBay Listings

API Warning

World Enough, and Time by James Kahn 1980 Del Rey Paperback

This selling account is enabled for payments managed by eBay. PayPal is not currently accepted as a payment method and has been removed from the listing.

Hello LLW,

The warnings you note are coming directly from eBay's API and we have no control over the API responses.  We are not aware of the difficulty you have described and will need to look into this further.

eBay has not made options for Managed Payments available via the API which listings go through when they are submit from a third party service such as ours. As such, we currently do not have the means to make an option for Managed Payments available in the Checkout section of the listing creation page;  eBay must make the option available in the API for us to be able to accommodate it.  

In order for us to look into this further, please file a support case with us from under the Help tab letting us know a few example item numbers for active listings where you have posted to eBay US and other eBay sites where the listings are not available for purchase on the other sites - or if you have utilized an eBay service that includes posting to multiple sites, please include that information in your support case so we can look into this further.

- Craig

Hello again,

In order for us to look into this further we will need a support case with some examples of items where the items cannot be purchased internationally.  Please also clarify what you mean in your case what you mean - international shipping availability is not the same as posting listings on other eBay sites so we will need more information from you to be able to determine the exact behavior and then determine how best to approach the situation.  As we will need to review your account and listings it would be appreciated if you would file the support case as requested.

Please keep in mind that eBay's Managed Payments remains an invitation only option on eBay and is not widespread through the sellers yet.  The warnings you receive in your account come directly from eBay's API and we display them as a courtesy to assist you with your listings.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.