Skip to main content

Please look at ebay "NEW AND IMPROVED" sold listing page which was not announced. (wonder why)

First to me and this is just my opinion which others may/may not share which is fine but please feel free to put yours as you may have different spin or notice things that I did not.

1. Gallery Picture only One showing when you go into a bought item. Example: IF I buy an item and say it is shipped to me in a week. For instance item is a bowl, bowl arrives with piece or chip out of it. I can no longer go in and look at all of the photos person has on item to see if chip is in the photos they put in listing. Ebay is only showing small gallery picture. Now if person lists through auctiva they are there, but most people do not list through auctiva.

2. As a seller end, last night I sold some fabric that had discounted ship rate. I thought, that is high discount ship rate when lady paid. I went in to see what I actually had in listing and it is no longer there. So buyer or seller can't to back and actually see the lst item costs and add on discounted costs, it is gone!! It just gives total amount. (of course, I can go to Auctiva and see it but should not have to do that). The ebay rep went into the item I was referring to in "their" system and had to find it. I said, I don't want to have to call you to do that anytime I have question on discount ship rate (of course, can look in auctiva on items I list, but items I buy I can't.)

3. Auction number is no longer on the page that SOLD PAGE. You have to go into your listing like you are going to PRINT LABEL to get item number (like this morning I had to give to ebay rep) and they could not tell me where it was at first. They found it and said you have to go and pretend you are going to print a label.

4. When you click on listing it shows title gallery at top, then other ebay items in one row and your items in another row. Then you get to description of item. This is hassle and takes time to get to the meat of the listing because of the ads. To some this may not be problem. I hate it because it is NOT just my items showing and others see listing and would assume all of the items are mine only (may go to my store to buy only to find they are on not in your listing.

Others may have other issues with this that I have not seen.

HOWEVER, IF ANY of this is a problem for you CALL EBAY. Rep said they are making a list of complaints and WHY people are complaining to see if this is a valid change that should be re-changed.

AM ALSO POSTING another thread on an unrelated item which I learned today so if you call please address that also if you think about it.

Thanks and please give your input I am sure there are things I missed and I will be calling them daily so can add to my list.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

i do N.O.T. like the 'new & improved' version & all the ugly things happening AT ALL! I will be more alert thanks to your post, but in general, when I am researching or shopping, the "New" version just looks UGLY & has too much blank space.

It's probably INTENTIONAL by eBay--it's made eBay look more like a store, or online-retailer instead of a real-person, mom-&-pop operation. Maybe good for their egos but i REALLY hate it! (I have tried to customize my view/display also, but it still looks weird)--I'm the LAST person to complain about change, BTW, I always try to accept, but I've tried to shop for things 5-10 times in the last month & it's an ugly & unsatisfying experience now. I don't feel comfortable telling my friends to shop on ebay any more. It's just DIFFICULT & I'd rather go to google or amazon if I want an online-retail experience.
I will sure not be shopping as much as I use to. I "really" like to review pictures when I get item if they item is used and that is no longer available.

I think it looks like a 1/2 put together flea market (now don't get me wrong I like fleas) but that is new appearance it lets forget what you bought and throw piles of other things at you. EVEN if they only showed MY things between photo and item, I still would not be thrilled, as I think it is huge distraction.

Girl once again, said, IF people DO NOT CALL, this will probably not be changed. She was is ebay seller so she was not huge on changes either. Use to be able to write, but now apparently calling is way to do things.

Thankfully, my wait this morning, I put in ID # and immediately within seconds a human answered and she actually did not have to put me on hold for answers and believe me I had a load of questions.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.