Skip to main content

Is there anyone else out there who is fed up with eBay/Paypal? I would like to find another place to keep my store rather than eBay and I can't stand Paypal either. They gave away a listing of mine because I didn't answer their email in one week (I was extremely ill). By the time I got back up and running, they'd refunded the money to the seller who then refused to answer my requests to return the item..all legal under Paypal's policies. If I had persued it the customer would have given me a negative feedback. There are other financial horror stories friends of mine have had with thieves who prey on ebay/paypal sellers. Ex: the thief orders and pays for an expensive item with a credit card at paypal. She then receives the item (in my friend's case $450 another $1100), then requests a charge back from the credit card company. Finally, paypal gives her her money back from my friend's account. The thief then keeps the item and my friend was out her money or her antique jewelry item. The thieves are safe to do this by ebay/paypal and in all these cases still up to their tricks. With enough different accounts, someone could make a living doing this... especially if they work in a ring of other thieves. They even have the nerve to then sell the item all legally with a huge profit and no investment $$.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I feel for you!! Lucky has not happened to myself, but I have often wondered about, what if a seller was sick? in the hospital? What happens to their listings. I think that there should be some kind of note on a seller's/buyer's page, indicating an emergency, I am not availale, going for operation, vacation,etc. And am I wrong? does not ebay/paypal have our phone #'s.

It may be far fetched but I have seen on some court shows, alot of ebay seller's/buyer's going to small claims court on cases like this. Because if no one ever does a thing about it, these blankly blank's will continue to steal.

Were you able to give feedback to them?
if thief sells it, theyre not selling "the item all legally" because it's stolen merchandise.

As for paypal refunding because you didnt respond - you agreed to that when you signed up. Sorry you got ill and that it happened to you, but you agreed to it, so you dont really have any room to complain. They enforce this 7 day limit for a response equally on all sellers. Sucks, I know, but that's their policy.

I dont know what the buyer claimed when did the chargeback, but if buyer claims s/he didnt get the item, then you should have filed insurance claim for lost parcel. (if that is what happened and if you didnt insure it inn the first place, well, that's your own fault -- always insure what youre not willing to lose out on).

If buyer claimed SNAD, then they were supposed to return it to you.

regarding chargebacks of $450 and $1100 - I dont know the details of the incidents, but they should have been sent with signature required (and better if would have been sent UPS with restricted delivery to where only the accountholder could sign). I dont know if that would have offered 100% protection, but if the sellers didnt do this, that's where they went wrong.

I'm not saying there's not problems with ebay and paypal (there definately are some problems that need resolving), just saying that if sellers dont follow the procedures outlined and agreed to, then things will definately go wrong. (and no, I dont know about if followed procedures on the $450 and $1100, but by your own admission you didnt on your case)

Perhaps people on Trust & Safety forums on ebay can help ya more http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=107
Last edited by wayoutwest
Right now I'm figting with the urge to re-open my ebay stores for back to school and holiday sales. I swore I was not gunna open them again and I'm trying to get away from ebay but at the same time I don't want to sit on this inventory another year.

Clothing is tricky, if you miss your "season" then your are stuck with it until that season comes around again.

And the other store, the lingerie does great for the holidays right throught to March -after Valentines day.

Oh what to do, what to do . . .

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.