Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is a good question PHP. Unfortunately I do not think that anyone in the community will have a definite answer for that. My feeling is that if activated it will cause chaos with Auctiva and you will have to update your token everytime you change your eBay password. I would suggest filing a support request and posing this question. when you get your answer please post here and let the community know http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx
Steve
quote:
Originally posted by TazFromPA:
That is a good question PHP. Unfortunately I do not think that anyone in the community will have a definite answer for that. My feeling is that if activated it will cause chaos with Auctiva and you will have to update your token everytime you change your eBay password. I would suggest filing a support request and posing this question. when you get your answer please post here and let the community know http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx
Steve

TazFromPA, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've already filed a ticket to see if Auctiva is setup for this before I activate the key on eBay. I'll post a solution/final_response from Auctiva if and when I get it.
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
I think it's only for PayPal, not eBay. If so, it won't be a problem.

That is incorrect. This key is featured on eBay as well. It's just not advertised highly yet. I think it's still in it's beta stages. I've used such features at my old job which handles millions in transactions, I think it's an awesome tool for added security. I just don't want it to screw up my scheduled listings in Auctiva.
Fellas, Auctiva has just responded to my ticket and this is what they said:

"I have been informed that activating the eBay/Paypal security key will not cause problems for Auctiva users. This key makes it so a unique number generated by a physical "key" needs to be entered when logging into a customers eBay account. Auctiva never logs into a users eBay account so the new feature does not affect our service."

I'll give it a try and see if I have any hitches. Please feel free to post any problems you fellow Auctiva users experience on this issue. Thanks.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.