Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Like Bluedaemon23 said ... I was once a Power Seller on eBay with over 7,000 feedbacks on my selling account and over 3,000 feedbacks on my buying account. But, because of all of these new fees and insane rules, I have totally quit selling on ebay and I am now only selling off of my own website now. I will keep selling on my website until I find another eBay like place to sell that has a reasonable amount of traffic. Personally, I think that eBay has jeopordized its position in the market place by implementing all of these new changes over the past couple years. First, the fees went insane, then they started that silly star rating system, then sellers couldn't leave feedback, then they started penalizing sellers based on those star ratings, THEN they took away any conveinent payment options that eBay (i.e. PayPal) isn't making money off of ... what's next??? Why doesn't eBay castrate their sellers more while they are at it? For that matter, eBay has turned their backs on the people that made eBay great - the middle of the road sellers. Now, all that eBay wants are people that sell an item here or there, or people that are working full time on eBay or that are running companies through ebay. If you do any type of volume on eBay now, you MUST have people working for you in order to get your items shipped out quickly, otherwise the DSRs will get you!

Personally, as I'm sure you can tell from this rant, I am SICK of eBay and all of their new rules - and I am happy to now be eBay-free!

Join me and lets all put eBay out of business! Sell off of your own website - its easier - and more profitable!
quote:
Originally posted by Bluedaemon23:
What about all the SELLERS that eBay is driving away with their new requirements? It seems like everywhere I turn, long-established sellers are decamping for other venues because they no longer feel safe on eBay.
I totally agree. I know there has to be rules, but for eBay to be more concerned with the buyers than the sellers is not right. I do believe they treat the customer better than the seller...where would they be without the seller??? We too are buyers but we are their bread and butter. I will never think it is right for us the seller to not leave a neg feedback (Or create something new for the seller to use) to a deadbeat that bids for the fun of it, then goes along their merry way without a concern. We even have to pay for the re-listing...too.
Use ebay for what it is; a place to find customers and drive them to your website for future sales.

Sell low prices stuff that moves easily on ebay.

When you notify the buyer their item has shipped, inform them that you have a website that is free of ebays fees so it has lower prices a more selection.

Do this day after day and year after year and you will no longer depend on ebay for anything but adding to your regular customers at your website.

Get a free webstore at eCrater.com
I have been on Ebay since 2004. And I am more than ready to tell them where they can go and what they can do when they get there.

I am a stay at home mom of 5 and my business income is what keeps our family going. If I worked outside of the home, daycare would take all of my income with maybe a few $$ left over for gas.

In 2007, I began a wholesale business and once I get a wholesale customer, I take their sales completely off ebay and we deal one on one.

I know a website would help my business to grow tenfold. Not all my customers are willing to do business off ebay. Once this store thing is up and going, I plan to point everyone to the store.

I can't give up Ebay just yet since it is still 60% of my income. I just made Silver Power Seller - a few weeks after I made Bronze. A goal of mine that really means nothing since I won't get any better service. Funny thing is, if I gave my customers the same kind of service I get from Ebay, I would be gone.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.