Skip to main content

How many intend on closing their stores? I'm seriously debating it. I got the impression pretty clear if you ask me that stores are not welcome anymore. Our store's listings are not coming up in a search and yet they want to charge even more money. I dont get it. They charge a monthly fee plus all the other fees you have whether it be auction fixed or store. But the FVF are now just outrageous.

Just wondering who else is going to close up shop and go to auctions.
Ask me about my antique glass
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I closed one of mine last year.

I'm sitting on the fence as far as this store on this ID. I'm listing up until 11:59 on the 21st and then letting the last of my store auctions under 25.00 run out.

Anything over 25.00 it's smarter to have a store..anything under that and ebay is gonna get you majorly on fee's.

I've definitely branched out and away from ebay via my own site and free stores. And plan on doing more.

Good Luck and Let us know how you go.
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Moonandstarman:
Can anyone tell me how to stop my store items from relisting? Good until cancelled I want to change. Do I just go cancel all of them? I thought there was a way to edit automation rules for store items?

You're going to have to manually close those. Or they will reupload every 30 days as is scheduled with the new eBay store fees.

Bites doesn't it?
Good Luck,
Donna
Ok I started doing that last night. Sent alot of my low priced items to Fixed Price auctions. Man oh man. I can't believe it. I sold 5 things last night. The 5 things were items that I had sitting in my store for 8 weeks no offers no nothing. Then BAM move them out to the auction side and they sell. This just made my mind up. I'm closing up shop and going back to Auctions at least Fixed Price Auctions. I knew my store items were not coming up in searches on the auction side. This just proved it.

This kinda of sucks though. I had KWK designs work on my store image not to long ago and now I'm closing it. Well at least I can keep the about me page, banner and template.

Thanks for your helo suthrnjewel
quote:
Originally posted by Moonandstarman:
Ok I started doing that last night. Sent alot of my low priced items to Fixed Price auctions. Man oh man. I can't believe it. I sold 5 things last night. The 5 things were items that I had sitting in my store for 8 weeks no offers no nothing. Then BAM move them out to the auction side and they sell. This just made my mind up. I'm closing up shop and going back to Auctions at least Fixed Price Auctions. I knew my store items were not coming up in searches on the auction side. This just proved it.

This kinda of sucks though. I had KWK designs work on my store image not to long ago and now I'm closing it. Well at least I can keep the about me page, banner and template.

Thanks for your helo suthrnjewel

You're welcome.

I'm so glad you're having good luck with the auction. My personal thoughts are that eBay has been maneuvering the search function so our store items aren't found readily and has been for months. Then throw us off balance with fee increase when least expected. Persons close stores and move items into auctions which sell and voila..third quarter totals that are reported to the board and others are raised.

I'm glad it's worked for you and your selling.

KWK does great work and your template is proof positive of that! Beautiful!

Be sure to save everything..you never know, eBay might change their fee structure (nyuck nyuck) and we might be able to sell in our stores without dropping wad of cash.

You take care and if I can ever need me to throw my two cents in, just let me know.

Increased Green wished your way,
Donna
You're not understanding what I'm stating. Perhaps the links below will help you to understand.

And for further clarification on the currency and shipping rules & regs:

If you register to sell on another eBay country site...then you MUST accept their funds..not US funds.

If UK..you must accept pounds..etc. Not to be converted to US Dollars..but to accept it fully in their currency.

Listing on a non-US ebaY site, you have to ship to and accept the currency of that country.

And yes, eBay China was just bought...

This link:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=2000229943&tstart=0

AND this...

From the Tuesday, Sept. 26 issue of the Shanghai Daily newspaper:

Report: Tom.com to buyout eBay China, PayPal
Li Xinran
2006-09-26
HONG Kong-listed Tom.com is going to announce its takeover of eBay's China division and its PayPal service, the 21st Century Business Herald reported today, citing a well-informed source.

Tom Group is the distributor of Skype, eBay's online telephone service in China.

According to the previous agreement between eBay and Eachnet, eBay will sell its shares to the company before withdrawing from the Chinese market.

In March 2003, eBay bought one third of Eachnet's stake by paying US$30 million, while Eachnet accounted for over 90 percent of China's C2C market. It spent another US$150 million to buy the remaining shares of Eachnet in 2003.

However, in April, Jack Ma, CEO of Alibaba.com—China's largest B2B Website, established Taobao.com and later lured away many of eBay China's customers by offering a free online trading platform, while Eachnet collected a commission of up to 8 yuan (US$1) for each item sold on its Website.

By 2005, Taobao accounted for 67.3 percent of the C2C market in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou, much higher than eBay's 29.1 percent, according to the China Internet Network Information Center.

In another development, the People's Bank of China is drafting a regulation which stipulates that foreign investment faces a limit for its shares in an enterprise operating online payment systems. eBay is the only owner of its C2C Website in China and the Paypal service. It was looking for Chinese partners in its startup, but ended up selling off its Chinese branch.

By the end of June, Tom Group had 1.7 billion Hong Kong dollars (US$218 million) in cash and a credit line of 2.1 billion Hong Kong dollars.

The well-informed source also said eBay China appointed Liao Guangyu as its new CEO only to carry out the takeover. Liao replaced Martin Wu, who became eBay's CEO last September.

AND THIS....

Tom Group, the media group controlled by Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing, may take over eBay Eachnet and its online payment service, PayPal's China division, media reports said yesterday.

Analysts said it was unlikely that eBay would withdraw from the China market, but it was possible that eBay would retain some stake in its China division while seeking a Chinese partner.
currency exchange (i.e., get paid in British pounds and then take them to your bank to get US dollars in their place) may work in the Netherlands and some other European countries, but it does NOT work in the US. Bank currency exchange fees here are EXTREMELY HIGH - you can easily pay more in the fees than the amount you're exchanging, and it will also sometimes takes WEEKS to accomplish.
uhhh..I do know what Paypal is for. I've been selling since the late 90s.

I have my Paypal set up to accept only US dollars.

I do not accept pounds, yen or goats or any other source of payment from another country.

It MUST be made in US dollars. I will not convert funds for them. I expect US funds and US funds only.

I trusted a customer one time and one time only to send cash in their own currency.

I won't do it again. The sale was for less than 10.00 US plus shipping. Less than 15.00 total.

Number one: The exchange rate was too high
Number two: My bank had a minimum 100.00 US Dollar ratio minimum for converting
Number three: Bank transfers cost $$$
Number four: I don't trust international money orders in US dollars

Maybe in the Netherlands your bank charges aren't high..but in the Good Ole U S of A?

They are high.

Always doublecheck your facts before posting as alot of members might just go on your word and I know you mean no harm. That which works in the Netherlands might not for the US.

Before anyone jumps into doing this..be sure to check the facts and the links I've put up.

One should also remember that eBay is facing two major lawsuits...

directly or indirectly related to the selling from China, or the selling of products manufactured in China... the fakes ... the knock-offs.

The easiest way to get rid of the problem would be to delete eBay China from eBay... and then regulate the entry of new sellers to eBay.com or elsewhere.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/09/26/ebay-bails-out-of-china/

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.