Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Aren't there places that people who consistanly engage in self-destructive behavior are put away, and why isn't Ebay's upper management there?

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/c...09/7/1247777825.html

Well, it goes something like this.....

The inmates are running the funny farm and decided no more finger painting in the rec room during social interaction period with visitors.

And, then there is the "distructive innovation" theory, i.e. nuke the asylum and throw up a Wallyworld.

Shall we start a vote for which is more likely? Wink

Danno

Oh....and Jeff gets 2 votes. Big Grin
Last edited by danno
quote:
Originally posted by Sapienette:
I thought this wasn't happening? It wasn't in the upcoming changes announcement!

I think the problems created by the New page and potentially not making any "commitments" with its operation may make this change inevitable. Buyer Experience and Security will come as the announced reasons in the New Year, e.g. another [hypothetical] "Grinch" Xmas is due to the Sellers' "flee market" look (vs Amazon et. al.) and we aren't going to allow that "look" to continue, and it helps close the security holes.

Does that make sense given their pattern to date?

I am having difficulty getting SophieBox stable due to their methods with both flat and IFRAME pages.....and the sandbox and main sites sometimes NOT agreeing or having obvious seller page-interference BUGS in their code.

Danno
Last edited by danno
quote:
Originally posted by Sapienette:
I thought this wasn't happening? It wasn't in the upcoming changes announcement!

This is an organization that considers many of us to be "Unwashed Sellers"*. Why would they condescend to tell us what's going on, or what new torture they're devising for us?

*Fat hairy hippie Jim Griffith, "Dean of eBay University" - http://blog.auctionbytes.com/c...09/7/1248816701.html
quote:
Why would they condescend to tell us what's going on, or what new torture they're devising for us?

Well, like an old, slow, prizefighter, they're telegraphing their blows. Or, they may be doing some strategic "leaking" of their intentions to see what reactions they get (like Ina's leak). Note, IT'S A DESCRIPTION BOX(ES) FOLKS!

I started a survey in the Forum on whether Auctiva should have eComm Stores and began the SophieBox design fact-finding well over a year ago, based upon what I was hearing and seeing from them to GO RETAIL LOOK. You can live in the "dilusion" or go with the flow. Wink I'm not happy with the direction away from traditional methods, but that's not the critical issue in how to best assist sellers in adopting the best way down the path, that eBay is pushing everyone (cattle prod in hand).

Second guessing their intentions is what keeps me busy "thinking"...hehe

Danno
Last edited by danno
Ebay has been in enough trouble lately for it's anticompetitive behaviour. The Australian Ebayers win over Ebays attempt to secure PayPal as the only Payment option is one good example. I do not think for one second that they will get away with making the use of Templates banned as the majority of templates are purchased either directly or via memberships to third party sites.
Sounds like another furfy to distract attention from some real issue. Marian.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.