Skip to main content

for buyers. Shop for the next 5 days and win. Of course who's to know if anyone really wins. 10cent listing day and then bribbing buyers to shop, shows just how much they are hurting. Taking stores back out of searches was the stupidest thing they could of done, it was a death wish.

http://www.winit.ebay.com/

edited to add:
I noticed there is no purchase nec. scroll to the bottom and follow the link, you can enter once a day. Got mine in for the day, lol ...you never know stranger things have happened. Frog
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

i encountered same problem and posted about it on forums at ebay. doubt a pink has responded yet, though (but never know)

ebay's discussion board for contest http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=1000000030

clues so far for build the phrase:

edit - Maureen (an ebay pink) has verified that each day's clues address a specific drop-down menu in order; that clues #1 and #2 are for drop-down box #1, Clues #3 & #4 are for box #2, etc.

clue # 1 (What it isnt) posted May 10th -
Articulate it
Cows utter to put across
The tracks to train them

clue # 2 (What it is) posted May 10th -
Endless trail, ending
Finding meaning in it all
ELO did it

clue # 3 (What it isn't) posted May 11th -
Fancy, parties planned
Intended for hankering
For a hunk of cheese

clue # 4 (What it is) posted May 11th -
The end of all things
an implied situation
the boot east, westward

clue # 5 (What it isn't) posted May 12th -
Always going up
Those with water on one side
Do not condemn patrons

clue # 6 (What it is) posted May 12th -
Water streams, echoes
The net filters pollutants
I want to be there

clue # 7 (What it isnt) posted May 13th -
Go big or go home
Leather pants and electric
The show will go on

clue # 8 (What it is) posted May 13th -
Lifelong amusement
To experience with those
Who you may not know

clue # 9 (What it isnt) posted May 14th -
For you, time stands still
Be the King or Queen of time
With riches galore

Clue #10 that was posted, was incorrect. Maureen posted the correct clue

CLUE #10 (What it is):
Get out or stay in
Make it here or make it anywhere
It’s a rush to see

Clue #11 (What it's not)
Ride the cool rapids
hold your hands high in the air
on top of the world

Clue #12 (What it is)
Stay up late at night.
Spin, roll or shop all day long.
Find fortune or fame.

Additional hint by Maureen relating to an earlier hai-clue: The name eBay was created when the founder of eBay, Pierre Omidyar, tried to register the domain for his new company. Since "echo"bay.com was already taken he shortened it and tried eBay.com which was available.

Note: this additional hint referring to an "earlier" clue was posted after clue #6, but on same day as #6. So, it could be referring to one of the clues #1-4 or could be any of clues 1-6. Personally, I think it's referring to clue #6.

Additional hint by Maureen - What It Isnt clues may eliminate more than one selection, What It Is clues point to a specific selection in drop down box.
Last edited by wayoutwest
I want money.
I don't want eBay gift certificates.
I don't want a trip to Vegas.

If you're gonna have a contest make it something I can sink my teeth into.

Granted I could use the certificates on eBay to purchase items...but that's besides the point. I might not WANT anything. (yeah, right, ha)

Thanks Steve-er-reeeno for the hints, codes and more. <wink>

GOOD LUCK everyone!

Peace, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
i agree, the prizes are sucky! and as for the free trip to vegas "grand prize" thing, i've already bought non-refundable plane tickets and have already paid for my room at sahara, so not much to gain there.

only thing i can see doing with it is selling it on ebay *heh*

Didn't you say you wished I could join you all in Vegas?

~LOL~

Could always give the prize to me, how could I refuse an offer like that Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
i agree, the prizes are sucky! and as for the free trip to vegas "grand prize" thing, i've already bought non-refundable plane tickets and have already paid for my room at sahara, so not much to gain there.

Steve,

You have a GREAT time! I can't wait to hear stories of all those fellow sellers you meet and greet.

We'd better see some pictures.

Go by the Auctiva booth and get em out for a pitcher of beer. On me of course!

What's the countdown, two weeks?
Donna
sorry i havent kept up with the clues. all posted for those who need it.

Be sure to enter your phrase ASAP! Deadline is 11:59:59 PM PT on May 16, 2006 (just before midnight, ebay time, TONIGHT!)

can submit 1 phrase for each ebay id. If you submit multiple phrases from same id, the last phrase you enter will be the one used for the drawing.

Good luck!!
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
To the Florida folks who aren't going... I'll be in [s]Kissimee(sp?)[/s]Orlando area that week if you're close enough and wanna meet up. I'd also love to hear any recommendations for good ethnic food restaurants and non-Disney activities Smile

Suthrnjewl<-------Central FL folk

I'll be leaving the state during that time for one of our vacations. I should be in Georgia if nothing else comes up!

And just bout every FL person I know calls it KISS a ME! <smile>

Be sure to bring your umbrella. You should experience afternoon showers.

The rainy season should've started last month and continued but we haven't hit it yet. It did start raining yesterday and it's been wonnnnderful.

You have to experience Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Not only is it fun, but the burgers are outta this world!

It can be found at Universal City Walk. The Latin Quarter can also be found there, too! Great food. To me? The rest of the restaurants are <shrug>. Both of my boys have been to Emerils and they say it's way too much hype for over-rated, over-priced food. For a fun experience the Hard Rock may not have ethnic food but it's fun to walk around and see the memorabilia.

It's free after dark and it's nice to go over there just to stroll around. They have a dinner and a movie ticket that's reasonably priced, too! http://www.universalorlando.com/cw_index.html

Planet Hollywood is fun with the memorabilia, also. Food is so-so...but ya know what? We'll go up there, split an appetizer or dessert and have a drink. Then walk around looking at all the fun stuff! Plus it's at Disney Village which is fun to stroll around, too.

My favorite place to eat is in Tampa. If you go to Tampa, look for this spot:
http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ourstory.asp

100 Years Old? Flamenco Dancers at Night? magnificent Spanish Food! Ambience that is wonderful! In Historic Ybor City!

Also, the Salvador Dali museum is headed over that way. (west coast)

I love going over to Cocoa Beach..they have Ron Jon Surf Shop. FUN! I can remember going to this surf shop when I was a teenager. It was a hole in the wall place..but famous for it's tshirts. NOW it's a HUGE has to be seen shop!
http://goflorida.about.com/cs/shopping/a/ronjons.htm

I do LOVE this place and as a photographer I would hope that you will check the site out. It's beautiful, quiet and a photographer's dream.
http://www.boksanctuary.org/

There's always Gator jungle! <wink>

I'll see what else I can scramble up in my brain.

I tend to lead towards Tampa most of the time..it's closer to me and the tourists aren't so plentiful that way. You bein a tourist and all! <smile>

Take care, Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.