Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This enhancement was released today. Now when you create a new listing or new item details profile, the Optional eBay Gallery Images is checked by default. Your existing listings or profiles will not change (i.e. if the optional eBay gallery images checkbox was previously unchecked, it will stay that way). Although I'd be curious to understand why an Auctiva user would not always want to enable the optional eBay gallery images, as there is no additional cost and it provides more exposure to images on your listings.
Great glad to see the change. There are a couple related issues I'm concerned about one being if I elect not to use the main images (the old default section).
I prefer not to have the images stacked up at the bottom of my listing (I don't use templates but wouldn't want them there either)but if I don't select the images in the main section I'm not sure the links are permanently saved with the listing. If that is the case then if I don't list an item for over 90 days ebay dumps the images and the listing will no longer have images.
I haven't actually tried it because it would take 90 days to test. But I do know that if I upload an item to e-commerce that I have saved without images in the main section it only transfers the gallery image and not the other images.
I had my first encounter today listing with the Optional eBay Gallery Image situation. For me it was a PITA. When I unclicked to disable it, all was fine until I did an error check. Then it reset itself. I was constantly correcting it, adding another unnecessary step to the process. For me, I don't want customers just looking at my pictures - I want them to read the item description, too. I do understand why folks would appreciate it. So, I would urge you to create an option to turn it off permanently. Many thanks.
Hello kingofging -

We're sorry to hear about the difficulty you have encountered with the Optional eBay Gallery images being on by default.

We have submit your comments in the form of a feature request to have the Optional eBay Gallery images be set to On or Off by default as an account preference to our Product Management team for their consideration and will update this post should any new information regarding this become available.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Craig
Hi everybody,

I’m happy to announce that today we released the Optional eBay Gallery Image account preference setting. You can now choose whether or not this feature is enabled or disabled for new listings.

By default this setting is disabled but if you would like to change that, you can do so on the Account Preference page.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Hi itsjust me -

After logging in to your account, select Account Preferences from the My Account menu and the option to have the Gallery Images enabled by default is in the Listing Management section near the top of the page.

It is the second option from the top and there is a checkbox to select enabling it.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty with this preference.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.