Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, I to am having the same problem when I start to up load images from my computer. I have had no problems in the past. I haven't changed any settings on my computer there fore I would think that the probem is with Auctiva, as you say if enough people are having the same trouble then perhaps Auctiva will do something about it.This is the wrong time of the year for this to happen.The error message that I get reads ' server failed with error code 12031'
We have been having troubles with selecting images too. They say that it is a problem with out browsers, but we have downloaded the newest versions of Firefox and Explorer. Then they claim that it is a popup blocker. But the window pops up! Then it shows an error: "An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues."

I think this is an error on Auctiva's side but they will not respond with anything saying this. At least tell your customers what the problem is so they are not wasting time changing there browser settings.
I do believe they know it is on their end. I went through many of support helps suggestions to resolve on my end. I even installed a different browser on all my computers. I finally closed the case after spending hours tweaking my computer as they said and wrote that it was not a problem on my end. They replied that I was right. ??? Why no announcement? Maybe because they are not near fixing it. It seems like some people may be able to list on Auctiva because the message boards are not flooded like normal?

Customer Posted Monday, 12/11/2006 5:44:06 PM
I believe tech support cannot resolve this issue because it is an Auctiva issue.

Posted Monday, 12/11/2006 5:43:30 PMHello,

This is correct! The error is on our end. We are having intermittent database issues which we are in the process of resolving. We are grateful for your patience. You will have full use of the site as soon as possible.

Auctiva support
Hi Community,

While the maintenance we conducted during the latter portion of last week has solved this problem for most of our users, we are aware that some of our users are still receiving an error messages when trying to access their saved listings, or using the "Select an Image" buttons on the Auctiva lister page.

We will be implementing some further optimizations that should correct this problem for those who are still experiencing it later today. Some of these optimization measures will be implemnented within the next hour or so, and others will continue to be implented later in the day. If these potential fixes do not solve this problem for all of our users, we will be conducting a site update either late tonight or early tomorrow morning, to make a change that should then solve the problem at hand.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Everyone's patience with this matter has been greatly appreciated.

-Mike
I still cant upload any pics...i get the following message ,An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues. this has been going on for a week now please help...i losing a lot of business

Auctiva Website Auctiva Community
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

While the maintenance we conducted during the latter portion of last week has solved this problem for most of our users, we are aware that some of our users are still receiving an error messages when trying to access their saved listings, or using the "Select an Image" buttons on the Auctiva lister page.

We will be implementing some further optimizations that should correct this problem for those who are still experiencing it later today. Some of these optimization measures will be implemnented within the next hour or so, and others will continue to be implented later in the day. If these potential fixes do not solve this problem for all of our users, we will be conducting a site update either late tonight or early tomorrow morning, to make a change that should then solve the problem at hand.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Everyone's patience with this matter has been greatly appreciated.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update: This issue is related to the intermittent database issues that have caused these error messages to be returned when some of our users attempt to use the "Select an Image" button on our lister page or acces their saved listings pages. We have conducted a variety of optimization measures over the past week, which has alleviated this problem for almost all of our customers.

Since it is apparent that some of our user's are still suffering from this issue, we will be conducting some additional database optimization measures tonight during our scheduled maintenance period. If our users are still experiencing the same problem tomorrow, we will have be implementing some code changfes via an update to the website, which would m,odt likely be conducted tomorrow morning.

I realize this update sounds very similar to the one I posted yesterday but that is because we've been making incremental improvements, of a similar nature, each night. I assure you that resolving this problem is currently our top priority and we are devoting as many development resources as possible to the resolution of this problem.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Based on the performance of the Auctiva website this morning, it appears that the database work that was conducted last night has alleviated this problem for all of our users, however, I would like to confirm this observation with those who were previously suffering from this issue. If anyone is still receiving an error message when trying to access your saved listings or "Select an Image" pages, can you please let us know by posting to this thread or filing a support case using the appropriate link on our help page? Thanks.

-Mike
Hi powersellersworld,

It is not that only Auctiva is able to view your images. The issue is simply that you are unable to view your Auctiva hosted images, which our support staff will continue to work with you via your open support case.

For peace of mind, to verify that others are able to view the images in your listings, it may be benificial for you to start a new thread containing a link to one of your auctions, and ask other members of the community if they are able to see your images.

The issue you are reporting is not associated with this particular forum thread, so please start a new topic regarding this issue if you decide to do this.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Hi Sara,

That's peculiar. I just opened the Auctiva lister page within your account and clicked one of the "Select an Image" boxes, and your image selector page loaded successfully without generating an error message, so perhaps you are referring to something different. Can you please file a support request regarding this issue using the appropriate link on our help page:

http://www.auctiva.com/free_auction_software_help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.