Skip to main content

tried to list my item after filling in all info including item specifics and condition. i get
We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# 772e96d1-d8eb-4804-9374-cdbe0141558c. Thank you..

i return to the ad, the item specifics dropdown gone, and all item specifics gone.

itsjustme or is it?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties that are causing general site slowness as well as some errors like you described and our technical team is currently working to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

I will keep you posted on this situation through this thread as additional information becomes available. We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We believe we have resolved the issue that was causing the general site slowness and timeout error messages that some users were seeing, but we are still seeing a number of situations where certain fields (such as Item Condition, Custom Item Specifics, Add/Edit Variations and Return Policy) are not showing up on the lister page - which appears to also be impacting the preview page.

Our technical team is still working to resolve this remaining issue as quickly as possible and I will continue to keep you posted on the issue through this thread as additional information becomes available.

I hope to have some good news for you soon. For the time being, we appreciate your patience with respect to this matter.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have come up with a solution which we expect will resolve these issues and our technical team has begun the process of updating our site with the necessary changes. Although it is not entirely clear how long it will take to roll out these changes across our entire site, we do not expect it to take too much longer.

I will continue to keep you posted through this thread as additional information about this becomes available. Thanks again for bearing with us as we have been dealing with this situation.

-Mike
Hi Cindy (& others),

If you have saved (or attempted to post) listings while this issue has been ongoing, it is likely that the data which was present in one or more of these fields will be lost and that you will need to enter that data again. However, existing saved listings that were not saved during this time period should not be impacted in any way.

For future reference, the times stamps that are represented on our Community Forum do reflect the Pacific time zone - so my previous post took place just less than 30 minutes ago.

-Mike
Mike, I have to say, I am BEYOND irritated at this point. I have been trying to list items on eBay since 2:30 p.m. Eastern time today. It is now almost 6:30 p.m. and I have managed to list ONE item.

The very least Auctiva should do for us sellers is provide a rebate or credit of some kind. I have wasted a LOT of time, continuing to input Item Condition, Item Specifics, only to come to Page Preview and all it says is "My Item Title".

This is terrible. What on earth is going on over there?!!
Hi Community,

We have just finished releasing the changes we have been working on which are intended to address these issues and, as a result, we expect that you should now be able to complete all the required fields for your for your listings and preview them without any difficulties.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know. We apologize, once again, for the inconveniences these issues have caused.

-Mike
BETWEEN WORLDS & Cindy,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I believe the listings you are referring to must still not be showing the expected required fields because they were last saved when the fields in question were not loading properly due to this issue and, provided that is the case, you should be able to get the necessary fields to show up by reloading the eBay category.

In my opinion the easiest way to reload the eBay category in a saved listing is to delete the contents of the “Category #” field, press the “Enter” key on your keyboard, and then re-select the desired eBay category.

If you are still unable to see one of these options once you have re-loaded the category in one of these listings, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will be happy to continue working with you on an individual basis.

-Mike
Mike,
It does no good to open a support case because they just reply saying they will keep us updated on the community forums.....which is why I am on here now. It has now been over 5 hours of this BS. The site is still NOT working properly. It is loading extremely slow and still not everything is coming up. This is me redoing the listings again too. Obviously everything that was inputted earlier was a waste. It seems like there is an awful lot of issues lately with this site.
Can we say get last week's backup tapes and RESTORE the system? OBVIOUSLY, some programmer went awry. I am a programmer and I can say that. But I also have over 5000 items on ebay and need to post more like a crazy person. I have 4 people working for me and all they've been able to do today is take photos! It's been a total waste of a day. Does Auctiva realize that this is a business and that we rely on no downtime?
Oh yeah, I am waiting for that day! Every time they do the outbound marketing calls I tell them PLEASE get templates so we don't need to mess with the headaches of Auctiva! I have paid for this service for a long time but never once have they made up for all the down time and headaches we deal with because they can't keep their site running smoothly! Ridiculous and we actually pay for this service!
I was able to re-list a listing that had been error messaging. HOWEVER, I had to put it in as a NEW listing, cutting & pasting & redoing. I hope that I can re-list other listings that have not yet error messaged without having to do all that. Hint..hint...wake up Auctiva...there are other listing services out there! Don't you test changes before you put them in?
We have 341 scheduled to list, I am scared they will not get listed because all the problems they are having. Auctiva needs to up grade their server and been needing to for a long time. We need to try and get as many people to write to Ebay to get Templates and maybe if they get enough they might do something about it, but not holding my breath here.
Oh I have to admit, no matter what the problems might be at Auctiva, I do NOT want to list my stuff directly on eBay. No no no no no no. Who knows, at some point ebay will say they OWN all my intellectual property, my listings, my photos, etc. because I posted it directly to their site.

No way. A few bad days or whatever at Auctiva is worth Greedbay Headache Forever.
Unfortunately traveller240, if ebay wants to say it, they can and will, auctiva or other 3rd party carriers do not control ebay. Ebay has made it obvious many times that they make the rules. As a seller I learned many years ago, that ebay does what they want! Even Auctiva or other 3rd party listing services to do not dictate what ebay does or does not do. If anything ebay dictates their actions, as I believe ebay holds all the cards with them also.

However, that being said, SOME of these issues are not just a few bad days. I am not sure how long you have been using auctiva or if you have active on forums or reading forums, but some of the things in the forums are not necessarily new.

The main time people contribute to forums is when auctiva is totally inoperable. Rest of time there is very little input on forums or feature center about problems, and wish lists. Frankly, I have seen people come out of the woodwork today. I hope they stick around and give their input as to problems, things they love, things they think they would love to see on site and I am sure auctiva would love to see what the entire community thinks will benefit the most people.

So for me, the good of today is seeing that we actually do have a community. Hope all of the newbies stick around and give input. Fresh thoughts are always nice.

Please visit the feature center also...give your thoughts there too! It is thumbs up, thumbs down and comments. NOTE: all comments and new suggestions to through auctiva for approval, so not all are approved, as some may simply not be feasible. You can also throw note on forums as they are read by auctiva and they do take notes there into consideration also as far as I know.
Hi Lookandbuyme,

Truthfully, I didn't know there WAS a Forum here on auctiva. I've had an account here pretty much since I started selling on eBay in 2001 -- signed up with Auctiva not long after that.

And I "came out of the woodwork" today out of sheer desperation. I figured there HAD to be a message from them somewhere about all the site glitches, and as the day wore on and I got nothing done, I became more and more frustrated.

When I use Auctiva, it is to list frankly, and that's about it. I'm sure you guys are nice and all that, and I do love to chat online lol but work is work and play is play. For the most part, for me, Auctiva works very well. Granted, I took a bit of a break from selling for the last couple months due to personal issues and am gearing up again, starting yesterday. Auctiva worked beautifully yesterday, and today? not so much.
Well, we are sure glad you came out of the woodwork and that was by no means a negative saying that in either post...it was a southern thing. Smile

For most of us it is serious business too, most use social media for our socializing, not forums. A lot do this for a living so is pretty intense, as time is money and most just want things smooth and working. Believe me, NONE of us wants to even have reason to check forums must less post on them, as again, time is $$$'s.

I think I was member 2 - 3 years before I knew about forums (my fault I had not looked, and at time was more of a recreational seller, selling things around house, so rarely needed forums). If something did not work, I just waited it out. I did not know about feature center until few years ago and like to never remembered how to find it. Finally, got that down.

We hope you and others will give your input, as it takes all of us to make a real community!
lookandbuyme--well said, as usual.

We don't come to socialize but we do come here because often it is the first place to find out if there is an issue as well as what is being done about it.

It's also a good place to get ideas and input on ebay changes and auctiva features. This has lessened over time as there are fewer regular contributors and commenters.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.