Skip to main content

Excuse me but..Damn! ~ I just viewed a post by AJ (helping out a confused newbie)...at nearly 1 o'clock in the morning!!! [been burning the midnight-oil just a bit AJ? ..eh? -- what's the matter?...maybe a few errors on another re-compile?]

Now maybe I shouldn't be surprised because like many of y'all here..I know what it means to create and then run an enterprise. You wind up being "involved" with it (either in thought or in deed ) ...virtually 24/7! -- But I also thought that over time [its been awhile hasn't it Jeff?] CEO's usually develop a certain discipline (if not an actual Attitude) for backing-off, letting-go, .. and just allowing for the Heathen-Masses to fester ! -- ((so maybe somebody's true-colors are showing a bit..oops!))
Anyway.. it is oddly comforting (in some perverted way).. to see I'm not the ONLY poor soul in the entire WORLD!...who (probably) also suffers from OCD ! Frown Wink Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by ~Zebra~:
Excuse me but..Damn! ~ I just viewed a post by AJ (helping out a confused newbie)...at nearly 1 o'clock in the morning!!! [been burning the midnight-oil just a bit AJ? ..eh? -- what's the matter?...maybe a few errors on another re-compile?]

Now maybe I shouldn't be surprised because like many of y'all here..I know what it means to create and then run an enterprise. You wind up being "involved" with it (either in thought or in deed ) ...virtually 24/7! -- But I also thought that over time [its been awhile hasn't it Jeff?] CEO's usually develop a certain discipline (if not an actual Attitude) for backing-off, letting-go, .. and just allowing for the Heathen-Masses to fester ! -- ((so maybe somebody's true-colors are showing a bit..oops!))
Anyway.. it is oddly comforting (in some perverted way).. to see I'm not the ONLY poor soul in the entire WORLD!...who (probably) also suffers from OCD ! Frown Wink Big Grin

Hey Z,

I find it comforting to know that others are up as late as I am. I think I was listing items till about 2am! and back at it again. It seems that my business is indeed taking more and more of my soul. lol

The good thing is I force myself to stop when my wife gets home from work. I spend the evening with her and when she goes to bed, I'm back at it.

What else can we do?

"My coffee is always on, but I never have the time to drink it".
beg yer pardon Choo! I forgot...[but i swear that never happened before!]

You Lads-of-the-Isles aren't probably prone to suffer our somewhat 'National' affliction here in the States.

O_C_D (or more precisely OCDC) is just shortspeak for Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder/Complex ! You know!...that 21'st Century malady which causes folks to stay up all night posting penny's-worth ebay listings! ...or even (choke~cough!) to disregard the dreaded pumpkin-hour cuz there's still some poor little newbie who's fussing for yet another spoonful! -- Also, AAA is a sad and unfortunate complication which is often seen in attendance with this tragic disease.(burp! Razz)

BtW..(drat!)By the Way ~ contrary to popular usage... AAA actually stands for Advanced-Acute-Acronymyopia. In fact! I've often confused AAA with AAAAAAAAh! (But it usually only happens after about a half-bottle of Scotch!) Roll Eyes Big Grin
Hey There RBG! [you don't mind if'n I call ya R B G..does you? Wink]
quote:
The good thing is I force myself to stop when my wife gets home from work. I spend the evening with her and when she goes to bed, I'm back at it.

What else can we do?

Well Pardner! ~ Please don't don't take this the wrong way...BUT -- When She Goes to Bed! I'd be goin' along right in after Her TOO! Wink

..and as for the coffee?!....its just an idea but.... Have you tried Scotch?

((just kiddn' mi amigo Big Grin ))
quote:
Originally posted by ~Zebra~:
Hey There RBG! [you don't mind if'n I call ya R B G..does you? Wink]
quote:

What else can we do?

Well Pardner! ~ Please don't don't take this the wrong way...BUT -- When She Goes to Bed! I'd be goin' along right in after Her TOO! Wink

..and as for the coffee?!....its just an idea but.... Have you tried Scotch?

((just kiddn' mi amigo Big Grin ))

I guess I should have been clearer! Smile When she falls asleep I go back at it. Of course I'm right there with her in bed bro!

Don't like the Scotch, but I do like the Southern Comfort..... in my coffee too (from time to time). Smile
Hello!
My husband has nearly got through to me on staying up late listing... Smile
I am lucky to have him!
However, your reference to OCD Big Grin I have a hyperactivity disorder and it has taken medication to stop me listing all night... true... But we should be proud of ourselves, if we are addicted to listing (and making some money) rather than buying!
Cheers,
Izzy

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.