Skip to main content

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/628609941

Hello everyone - It's been less than a month since I saw many of you at eBay Live!, and already I have more news to share. In Chicago, I provided progress updates on many of the changes we've made over the past six months; early indications tell us that we're getting a lot of things right, as evidenced by more sellers improving their DSRs and fewer top buyers reporting bad experiences.
Many of you told me personally that you believed the changes were for the better, but we also heard concerns from Community members around the world about Feedback. As I said at eBay Live!, we are listening. Open, constructive discussion about what's working and what's not is a strength of our Community, and essential to the collective good of eBay. When we get something wrong, we want to make it right. And when you have ideas that benefit the collective good, we want to make them happen. To that end, we are making the following changes based on your input.

Recalculating Feedback percentages without neutrals: Effective in late August, neutrals will no longer be counted as part of the Feedback percentage. This means we will be recalculating Feedback percentages retroactively for users worldwide. In the interim, no one will lose their PowerSeller status as a result of neutrals being included in their Feedback percentage.

Helping you resolve issues and satisfy buyers: By the end of October, we will roll out a new process to help you resolve issues with buyers, even after the buyer has left negative feedback. Everybody makes mistakes – buyers and sellers alike, and buyers should have a mechanism to change feedback if they make a mistake or if the seller rectifies an issue in a timely manner. Unlike with our previous Mutual Feedback Withdrawal system, our new process will enable buyers to change their feedback of the seller, not just withdraw the rating. We'll provide more details of this new process in the fall.

This is part of our overall effort to improve the customer experience, especially for sellers. In fact, we're already making progress in addressing one of your biggest pain points -- removing negative and neutral feedback left by buyers who violate our policies. For example, since we debuted the new Feedback system in May, we have removed more than 60 percent of the negative/neutral feedback left by buyers in an unpaid item (UPI) process. Looking ahead, you will see us continue to take the steps needed to protect your reputation on eBay. In the meantime, you can also protect yourself by following some well-defined best practices in using Feedback. I encourage you to check them out.

Finally, we're working to resolve other important issues that eBay sellers have raised over the past several months. I hope what I've shared with you today demonstrates our commitment to listening and responding quickly with solutions. We want to make eBay a great place for you to do business, but it's going to take all of us -- together -- to get it right for the collective good. I want to thank you for your patience, your business and your continued commitment to eBay.

Sincerely,

Lorrie Norrington
President, eBay Global Marketplace Operations

Does this mean it's safe to go back in the eBay water? Fraid I'm fresh out of Buyer-Shark repellent. Big Grin
"Life is pain. Anyone who says differently isn't paying eBay and PayPal Seller fees."
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by RobbieS:
Frankly, I am not unhappy with the new policy, with the exception of one item. If a buyer does not pay for an item, I believe the seller should be able to leave negative feedback if no communication is received from the buyer. I have had an increase in long time ebayers not paying due to the new system.

I would like to see a modification of this. I still say go with the "no seller negative feedback" approach, but in the case you specified, EBAY should insert a feedback entry into the buyers feedback stating they did not pay for the item or respond to the UID process. It should also clearly state it is an "administrative entry" left by eBay.

If the buyer gives you a negative out of spite for reporting him, it will be removed since they didn't respond to the UID process. I mean, fair IS fair, the buyer did not pay, so why shouldn't eBay put in a marker that this happened? This isn't retaliatory feedback, this is FACT, and it also serves to notify other sellers of a deadbeat, which is the BIGGEST complaint about the feedback change.

I guess the idea is too SIMPLE for them to figure out. I've only been emailing it to them several times a year for the past 10 years....
I had only one negative in the past but because of neutrals my rating went down. Then I was hospitalized and when I came back in September I had 100%. I don't know how long this will last.I was a power seller but because of the hospital and the months I didn't sell I lost that. Not that I ever wanted it. Now we could only do something about paypal only. My customers are not buying it.
The biggest mistake is ebay can't admit when it makes a mistake!
This is this main reason I TOSSED ebay to the curb and now sell elsewhere.
Quite frankly I just got sick and tired of all ebay's BS!!!!
BTW where in heck dose ebay get off telling us sellers what type of payments we can and can't except?
This type of rules via ebay only shows me one thing, Ebay will stop at nothing to protect its own butt and really don't give 2 craps about the sellers and their well being!

Lorrie Norrington you guys are a day late and a dollar short!!!!!!! Talking about "short" Has anyone sold or bought any ebay stock lately other than a short sale? LOL!
Last edited by dsouth
quote:
Originally posted by RobbieS:
Frankly, I am not unhappy with the new policy, with the exception of one item. If a buyer does not pay for an item, I believe the seller should be able to leave negative feedback if no communication is received from the buyer. I have had an increase in long time ebayers not paying due to the new system.

If we can't get ebay to agree to allow sellers to leave a neg FB for a non-paying bidder, then a talley for the buyers nonpayment record should be made public in his/her profile. That way we as sellers, can remove that buyers bid or block that buyer if questionable. If sellers have to wear the scars of a non-paying bidder, buyers should be made accountable for it too.
I agree there has to be some sort of accountabilty for non payers! I had a woman bid on an item of mine and she ignored all my polite emails asking when she will pay and only replied when I filed an unpaid and her comment was "I didn't bid on this" WTF!!! She has a over 150+ positive feedbacks saying what a quick payer she is so she knows she can do this and not get any payback, so frustrating!!
Dear Lorrie,
Perhaps you should talk to some "regular" people who actually pay your salary at Ebay
instead of the folks who are already pumped up at an ebay sponsored event. Go to a swap meet, or stop by a garage sale in your neighborhood and ask about Ebay. I'm sure the answers you get from the "real" people who are small time sellers will be DRASTICALLY different than the bogus feedback you are getting from the ebay convention.

I wish Ebay would WAKE UP and do some more house cleaning of their own.
Maybe they could auction off the new head ebay honchos job?

quote:
early indications tell us that we're getting a lot of things right, as evidenced by more sellers improving their DSRs and fewer top buyers reporting bad experiences.

Guess Ebay got those "indications" WRONG.
The only sellers left are the ones from China and Australia selling counterfeit goods! Of course, since there are actually FEWER top buyers period,you are going to get a reduction in reports.

quote:
Recalculating Feedback percentages without neutrals: Effective in late August, neutrals will no longer be counted as part of the Feedback percentage.

What a waste of time. The feedback system was ruined when sellers could no longer leave negs for buyers who deserved it.

quote:
We'll provide more details of this new process in the fall.

Oh joy, ANOTHER change. Ebay obviously HAS heard the saying "if it's not broke, then don't fix it!"
This happened to me before in the US. In the US we have tracking or delivery confirmation. Once shipped to the UK I am just out the money. A buyer claims not to have received a $20.00 book. The buyer has private feedback. Since she isn't a buyer and seller I suspect there may be hints in her feedback to her claiming not to receive items. Hinting about feedback, I gave the buyer a full refund and then blocked her.
quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
The ONLY thing that works with winners who won't pay is filing the Unpaid Item Dispute and giving a strike. Enough of those and the user will eventually be thrown out for good.

Now if we only knew how many strikes it takes.. Roll Eyes

The only trouble with that is........
You have been charged FVF's on an item that has not been sold. It is now up to the seller to file ebay paperwork and wait almost 2 weeks to get the FVF's back.
So for all your time and troubles you get NOTHING but a ton of work and ebay gets a free loan for 2 or so weeks at your expense.

geewiz Ebay could at least give us a "reach-a-round" Red Face before you screw us! Big Grin
Last edited by dsouth

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.