Skip to main content

HI- can someone check and see if the find product is coming up in these categories in Auctiva:

This is what comes up for me...anyone else having an issue??? OR can someone check & see if this is just MY problem???

XWarning

Sorry, but Product Search is currently unavailable for this Category

I have tried several items in housewares and all the same. Help please.

thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. I was able to reproduce the error you described when attempting to use the "Find Product" tool for this category, but I am not sure why this has started to occur so I have passed the details of the issue over to our technical team for further investigation.

I see that you recently filed a support case about this issue and we will follow up with you again through that case as soon as we have been able to find out more about why the Find Product option is not currently working for this category.

Fortunately, eBay does not require that product catalog details be provided when posting in this category so, if you wish to post items in this category immediately, you should be able to list them without catalog information and then add the desired product details through the eBay Revise your Item form once posted.

We apologize for the inconveniences this issue is causing.

-Mike
Mike, this appears to be in all small appliance areas that have find or at least ones I have checked.

Honestly, this is yet another go around! It is a time consumer. It has hit the point that I need a chart to remember what browser to use for which function and/or what to go to ebay to re-do and what to come back and change in auctiva later on.

Most of us are NOT paid by the hour or on salary, we are paid for what we list and sell.

Items without this do not sell well, in addition that means we have to put the details in ourselves which is a time eater, and going in and re-doing is absurd and again a time waster. (fine for one listing, but when you have a few to list...time waster)

These go around are KILLING ME!!!

Mike, honestly I post on forum to see if others have issue or if it is isolated. I write support for help & because usually it is requested we write them. I often think that support staff does not read the question. They one line it and respond with something that you know they did not read all of request. I do hope you read your reps original response to this....as my question was really simple like 3 lines, and her answer had NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I asked. Please, please, please ask your reps to read the question before responding, as going back & forth asking them if they "checked" issue is time waster. I realize it is easy to throw ebay under the bus, but this is NOT an ebay issue, as ebay system IS working.

Hate to sound irritated, but it seems as though category changes were made by ebay (not your issue) and that the functions were not tested in auctiva. (IS your issue). And then add on top the response from support. A simple request and 4 to 5 emails later???

Thanks for your help, please put this on fix list asap, as I am not excited about doing listing in Auctiva, listing, then going into ebay and fixing and then remembering next round to fix in auctiva system if in fact, it is fixed on the next round. If not I have to repeat above until it is fixed. Spending time doing and keeping up with more go arounds since I relist from the Saved Listing Page and have no plans to change that because of duplicates hitting when using the closed listing page for this.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
I agree, lookandbuyme, more times than not, support staff does NOT read and then will spend days arguing about something completely unrelated, backing previous responses given by support staff who have not read either and or as they have with me prior, advised and advised me to do something that could have cost me thousands of dollars or you merely get the standard clear the cookies and cache even though you have told them you do that before writing support or it just doesn't even apply to your situation....and this list goes on and on.
This is a huge issue that has been brought up many times already.

Using the product catalog is part of eBay's best listing practices and it is on their listing page and sellers are encouraged to do it for many reason. It is NOT just for required categories.

Here is some other important information for sellers on using the catalog from eBay's pages.....
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerin...atalog/overview.html

Making your job easier. And the shopping experience better.

The eBay catalog is an extensive online library of product information and images for you to use when you list your items on eBay

Listing with the eBay catalog is a fast and easy way to create professional, detailed listings for your items—making it easier for your customers to find and buy exactly what they’re looking for. Take a look at the new shopping experience for buyers.

Listing with the eBay catalog makes it easy to describe your items

4 reasons to list with the eBay catalog:

Create listings more quickly and easily

Automatically include specifications like brand, model number, dimensions, and color—plus professional photos—straight from the manufacturer

Increase the possibility that your listing will appear in search—for products in key categories, list your item with the eBay catalog whenever there’s a product match to ensure unique identifiers are included

Get instant access to key selling data like average selling price and number of completed listings, so you can price your item competitively (for this feature, be sure to use Sell Your Item to list and switch to the “form with more choices”)

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerin...earchvisibility.html
7. Use product details from our catalog Product details can help you create complete listing descriptions that are more visible and appealing to buyers. When you use product details in your listing, they:

Make listing easier and descriptions more complete

Also show up on our product details pages—making it easier for buyers to find your listing

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/product-details.html

Using product details from our catalog is a good idea. Buyers are more likely to buy if they can see key product information immediately. Including details from our product catalog in your listings creates a shopping experience that speeds the buyer's path from search to purchase.......

When creating a new listing or relisting an item, you're asked to select a product or category when you start your listing. You're also prompted to search for the product in the catalog using item identifiers such as a Universal Product Code (UPC), a manufacturer's part number, or manufacturer and model keywords. If the identifier matches a product in the catalog, you're asked to select the product in the catalog
Last edited by trinkets
Bizzy, not asking your niche...but have you reported health beauty to auctiva??? I have some cosmetics I was moving on to since I do not want to do auctiva method of list and fix and then fix again in auctiva later. Tooooo many go arounds for this one doing all of that and keeping up with what I have to redo, so am holding off on appliances for now.

IF you have not reported will you please do so, so they will put that on their fix list.

Auctiva, has health beauty been reported??? If so can you give ETA on that.

Thanks
I am not so sure getting an ETA is going to help much. I am already weeks past the ETA I was given(on another issue)and still waiting. We are also waiting months on several issues when we are told it will be fixed with the next update or a future update. So, personally, not really confident about ETA's....and most of the time all that is said is "some future update" and it just never seems to happen and we just keep mentioning/complaining about issues that still exist.
Last edited by trinkets
Hi bizzy,

We are actually not aware of any categories within the Health & Beauty which are impacted by this issue at present. Can you please let us know about any specific categories in which you are seeing this behavior so we can make sure they are taken into account when this issue is addressed?

You can contact our Customer Support team directly by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi bizzy,

We are actually not aware of any categories within the Health & Beauty which are impacted by this issue at present. Can you please let us know about any specific categories in which you are seeing this behavior so we can make sure they are taken into account when this issue is addressed?

You can contact our Customer Support team directly by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Hello mike, i'd do that if the auctiva.com website was working, which it's not right now. But for example. If you were to go to fragrances, and search for ANY fragrance, it will come up as nothing found. When before it was found. eg.. health/beauty/men/fragrances women etc
Hi bizzy,

Thanks for the additional information. Although I am not sure which specific fragrance you are searching for, I just tested out a search for “Calvin Klein” within each of the 4 subcategories in the Health & Beauty > Fragrances section on the eBay US site and several results were returned as a product of each search.

If you have not done so already, please do file a support case about this which includes the specific categories you are using and any specific searches you are having trouble with and we will look into your case further.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.