Skip to main content

Hi. I'm having a bit of confusion w/folders.

For all my saved listings, I've created color coded folders for live auctions, sold, unsold, relist, in progress, need photos, ready to list, etc. I look through all my ads and organize them to appropriate folders regularly.

But sometimes they later show up in the wrong place. An ad might appear in the wrong folder when I'm absolutely certain I filed it correctly. Is that just normal?

Also, I looked at the "closed" auctions and saw that they seemed to have been arbitrarily assigned to folders. So a bunch of them which were unsold were in (for example) the "sold" folder--well, not "in" it, because if I open my actual saved->sold folder they will not show up, but rather they show the color I assigned to that folder. (as well as color for other folders, but apparently arbitrarily) And there are also duplicates.

Is there any logic behind default assignments of "closed" auctions?

Does anyone have a successful model for organizing folders, or any suggestions?

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've also (occassionally) have experienced a seemingly successful move of listing between folders and gone back later to find it wasn't moved. It's ususally when I've selected to move a group of them, but have never figured-out the exact cause of the failure.

Difference between the Saved Listing and Closed is more simple than you might guess. Saved Listings are TRUELY SAVED AT AUCTIVA and you can edit them in the one-page listing editor. Closed Listings are more a tracking of status, and aren't really stored separately. So, there are essentially different types of folders for different functions. Note, you can also have image folders. When you want to SAVE a closed listing, you IMPORT the listing to the Imported Listings folder, which is a Saved Listings (type) folder.....yes, you are reading that correct.

Interestingly enough, I too use the Folders to denote progress in the creation and listing process. I think the methods you use are whatever helps you get the job done best.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.