Skip to main content

Is anyone besides me having fits with the formatting when doing a listing? No line space control, bold or not bold when I want the opposite, changes of font and font size when I do anything -- and I mean anything such as cut paste switch two lines or two words around and the whole thing effs up -- now I've got different font, different font size, etc. The changes are unrelated to anything I'm doing and are wasting an incredible amount of my time. And wait! It gets better! When listings go over to ebay they look like crap and are not formatted the way I formatted them in auctiva -- and I cannot change them! Go look at most of my active listings -- See how many are all bold font. Well hell that's NOT what I formatted. That's NOT what I sent over. But let's not get lost here on ebay, let's keep it to auctiva the problems with formatting I'm having just while still HERE.

I use Internet Explorer 11 I think and Chrome with Windows 7 it does not matter which browser I use.

When I opened up a Help ticket about this, I was advised to do something I had no clue about doing even though I was provided clear instructions. What can I say, a bonk on the head a few years ago made things bounce off my thinking cap a lot easier, unfortunately.

Also what's up with the bouncing red line that appears in the middle of the description area when I'm trying to add info there? Talk about a pain in the rear! Totally messes with my line spaceing, margins, jeezo peezo! The funny thing is, I did typesetting back in the Dark Ages when cut and paste literally meant cut and paste (although we didn't use paste, we used wax for layouts) so I'm pretty familiar with formatting and how I like things to look and I feel like when I'm doing a listings here I'm back in the dark ages of computerized layouts. OMFG. It was actually better back then. it was logical.

I love auctiva's help generally you guys are awesome regardless of how bitchy and at the end of my rope I am.

That said, the last time I tried to get help via chat I got very low quality help. A level of unprofessionalism I've never encountered here before. Obviously a bunch of new kids on the block who need better training before being the face of your company. I mean really, when *I'm* instructing your guys about auctiva's functionality, lordy lordy we have a problem. It took me asking for three different help personnel before I got someone who a) paid attention to what I was saying (yeah, really, just simply paying attention) and b) wasn't asleep at the wheel -- again not paying attention/ distracted/ multitasking I dunno but they were NOT dialing in -- it was a disgrace. The third guy was nice but I was teaching him about auctiva.... wahhh... He had a good attitude though so bless his heart in the end I was patient with him. :-) But three personnel! I hope that was an anomaly because if I weren't a regular auctiva user and have previous experience with your help personnel, that would have sent me packing -- yes it was that bad. Just a friendly heads up about that, folks. I will delete this portion later on so it doesn't advertise something that hopefully was an anomaly.

Ok but back to the formatting problem. PLEASE UNDERSTAND. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH LISTING. PICK ONE. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH BROWSER. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF CACHE IS CLEARED or COMPUTER FRESHLY BOOTED OR IF ITS TUESDAY OR SATURDAY. CAPISCE? DO NOT ASK ME WHICH LISTING I'M HAVI NG PROBLEMS WITH. IT'S ALL OF THEM. ALL. OF. THEM. IT'S MY UNIVERSAL EXPERIENCE HERE. Every Time. EVERY. TIME. I've described the problem herein and extensively over the phone and then in writing via help ticket. Nothing has changed.

Ok. (deep breath)

Thank you I feel marginally better. lol. (not)

Seriously, I need my hand held through this issue because the info I was given in the help ticket (which now is surely outdated and closed by default) just bounced off my thinking cap despite the clear instructions I was given.

Thank you for your patience. Love you guys. Yes really.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello CaliforniaKaren,

While we are not aware of any difficulty with the description editor that would cause your formatting to change - please keep in mind that the editor does have default formatting and if you have altered the formatting and then click in to a different part of the editor, the space may have the default formatting in it.

If you are copy/pasting and wish to keep the source formatting, try using the Paste as Plain Text tool (about the middle of the lower line of formatting tools at the top of the description editor.

The red line is specifically an alignment formatting tool that should show while working on saved listings when you hover over an image or other element you have added to your description.

For specific assistance with this, please feel free to continue with an existing case or file a new case with us or call the help line and we will be happy to assist you further.

- Craig
Craig, THANK YOU! Finally an intelligent response from someone who knows the system. You are a breath of fresh air.

Since reading your response, I've been doing as you said: Utilizing the plain text tool, not adding any additional formatting at first, and other things. So far so good.

And you know what Craig, I want to thank you for acknowledging and telling me (us) about the editor. NO ONE I'VE TALKED TO VIA THE NOW-USELESS CHAT HELP has said ANYTHING about that. I would even go so far as to say it's because they don't know the product well enough to have a clue, and it shows... anyway, had another "adventure" yesterday afternoon with yet another attention-deficient rocket scientist from outer Mongolia now manning the chat (non)help line. I saved the transcript in case there was anything useful in there. One of these days I swear I'm going to post a transcript of a discussion via help chat. Let the world see what's what here. The dude who created the company and sold it must be sick about how his baby is getting trashed (well, rich but sick...).

But I have to say, at least the information HERE on this forum is QUALITY. THANK YOU FOR THAT. Sincerely. I know there is quality help at Auctiva it's just getting harder to find. Please don't let this last bastion of quality help at Auctiva go by the wayside. We need you. :-)

Thank you again.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.