Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, I have got the same problem - no gallery pics. Received a reply from Auctiva:-

"Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I would like to assure you that currently there is nothing wrong at our end which would account for this issue. However, we have been receiving similar type of cases from other users. Since, there is nothing awry at our end currently; this issue must have arisen due to some temporary communication failure between eBay servers and Auctiva. In order to rectify this problem, I would request you to refresh the images for those specific listings that are exhibiting this problem. Please find the instructions for the same as provided below:

1) Visit the item on eBay.
2) Right-click the image you’d like to make your new header/gallery image and click “Properties”
3) Copy the image URL, which begins with http://...
4) Click the “Revise your Item” link at the top of the auction page.
5) Click the “Add Pictures” button.
6) Delete the text (if any) in the “Enter URL…” field (if any) and replace it with the copied URL.
7) Click the “Insert Pictures” button and save your changes"

It didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you??
Hi loulou777pink,
I think I've misled you. My images are missing from Auctiva's scrolling gallery, not the ebay gallery image. I've been trying to find how to contact Auctiva about this but cannot find a link anywhere. There used to be an option to open a trouble ticket. If the images are missing from the scrolling gallery surely that's an Auctiva glitch!
even going into auctiva and trying to revise in there just takes you to the e bay site anyway so unless I actually revise every listing individually via e bay I would have to cancel all those listings and then relist with correct images........problem with revising individually is that some ofmy images are old and i cant find them and that the images are saved in auctiva and not on my pc those that are have not been edited so more time to sort out....this is rubbish
quote:
Originally posted by David59:
Hi loulou777pink,
I think I've misled you. My images are missing from Auctiva's scrolling gallery, not the ebay gallery image. I've been trying to find how to contact Auctiva about this but cannot find a link anywhere. There used to be an option to open a trouble ticket. If the images are missing from the scrolling gallery surely that's an Auctiva glitch!

There is still a way to contact Auctive. You would click help at the top of the Auctiva site page then scroll down and on the right side of the screen in the customer support box you would click "report a problem". Yesterday they had bulletins posted there as well of all the issues they were aware of and working on. Hope this helps. Smile
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie on here so please be kind!

First of all thanks for all the useful information. This is the first time I've needed to have a look for some help - and found it! My gallery pics were missing too.

I see that some of you are having problems in getting the instructions below to work successfully and yield a gallery picture. If you click the same picture that was used as your gallery pic in the original listing, it doesn't have any effect. But, if you insert a different picture url into the revised listing and save that, then go in again and repeat the procedure with the correct gallery picture, it does appear. Well, it does for me.

I know it's quite time consuming and don't you just hate having to do things twice!, but it seems to be a way around the problem, for me anyway.

Hope this helps some of you.

quote:
Originally posted by loulou777pink:
Hi, I have got the same problem - no gallery pics. Received a reply from Auctiva:-

"Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I would like to assure you that currently there is nothing wrong at our end which would account for this issue. However, we have been receiving similar type of cases from other users. Since, there is nothing awry at our end currently; this issue must have arisen due to some temporary communication failure between eBay servers and Auctiva. In order to rectify this problem, I would request you to refresh the images for those specific listings that are exhibiting this problem. Please find the instructions for the same as provided below:

2) Right-click the image you’d like to make your new header/gallery image and click “Properties”
6) Delete the text (if any) in the “Enter URL…” field (if any) and replace it with the copied URL.

quote:
Originally posted by Sterbenz Sports Apparel:
quote:
Originally posted by David59:
Hi loulou777pink,

There is still a way to contact Auctive. You would click help at the top of the Auctiva site page then scroll down and on the right side of the screen in the customer support box you would click "report a problem". Yesterday they had bulletins posted there as well of all the issues they were aware of and working on. Hope this helps. Smile

Hi Sterbenz Ports Apparel
Many thanks for the info. I did manage to find the way to contact Auctiva. Their reply was super fast - but stated that the problem isn't their end. At the moment I've contacted eBay (as the gallery images are paid for) but of course I'll have to wait until next year before their support team find the time to reply!! Many thanks again anyway.
quote:
Originally posted by dawn7044:
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie on here so please be kind!

First of all thanks for all the useful information. This is the first time I've needed to have a look for some help - and found it! My gallery pics were missing too.

I see that some of you are having problems in getting the instructions below to work successfully and yield a gallery picture. If you click the same picture that was used as your gallery pic in the original listing, it doesn't have any effect. But, if you insert a different picture url into the revised listing and save that, then go in again and repeat the procedure with the correct gallery picture, it does appear. Well, it does for me.

I know it's quite time consuming and don't you just hate having to do things twice!, but it seems to be a way around the problem, for me anyway.

Hope this helps some of you.

I'm a bit confused here (silver surfer you see). When I go into revise my item in eBay I cannot do anything with the image, ie, remove it, change it etc. What am I missing?

quote:
Originally posted by loulou777pink:

hi there, have worked out how to put gallery pics back on . go to revise item through ebay and click on remove pictures . then click add pictures and click on standard at the top of box that opens.then provided you still have pic on your pc you can upload the one pic you want for gallery . bit of a pain if you have loads , but better than closing all listings and relisting . i relisted one item just now and the gallery still wont work .its like ebay does not recognize auctiva urls or something . anyway hope this helps ,debbie
Hi David59,

When you've clicked on 'revise your item', scroll down the page and click on 'Add pictures'. This opens a new window with the 'self hosting' tab open. There are 2 URL's (web address picture links)on this page, I've been changing the 2nd one under the heading 'Gallery Picture URL' by deleting the one that is in there and copying another picture URL in.

I'm not sure how you have been trying to do it, but that's how I've done it and it has worked on all of my listings (as long as you insert a different picture, save it and revise it again, inserting the correct picture on the 2nd revision.

I'll check back to see if you've had any success.
quote:
Originally posted by fatlyfurry:
hi there, have worked out how to put gallery pics back on . go to revise item through ebay and click on remove pictures . then click add pictures and click on standard at the top of box that opens.then provided you still have pic on your pc you can upload the one pic you want for gallery . bit of a pain if you have loads , but better than closing all listings and relisting . i relisted one item just now and the gallery still wont work .its like ebay does not recognize auctiva urls or something . anyway hope this helps ,debbie

Hi,
Sounds good but where is the option to remove pictures. All I have when I enter revise item is a greyed out "add picture" box and when I click on "add or remove options" the option there is "Host pictures on your server instead of eBay servers". Selecting this makes no difference at all. How do I delete a picture in order to re-upload it again. Sorry if I'm being extra dim. Confused Frown
quote:
Originally posted by dawn7044:
Hi David59,

When you've clicked on 'revise your item', scroll down the page and click on 'Add pictures'. This opens a new window with the 'self hosting' tab open. There are 2 URL's (web address picture links)on this page, I've been changing the 2nd one under the heading 'Gallery Picture URL' by deleting the one that is in there and copying another picture URL in.

I'm not sure how you have been trying to do it, but that's how I've done it and it has worked on all of my listings (as long as you insert a different picture, save it and revise it again, inserting the correct picture on the 2nd revision.

I'll check back to see if you've had any success.

Hello Dawn7044
Hmm!! That's just the trouble tho'. I can't select "Add pictures". It's greyed out for some reason and doesn't select.
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. Our image hosting provider, Amazon S3, has a service interruption yesterday that caused problems with our image hosting until about 5 PM PT. Therefore, I suspect eBay must have tried to generate the gallery images for your auctions while that issue was ongoing and was understandably unable to do so. I don't believe they automatically retry creating the gallery image from the URL we send to them if it fails the first time.

In order to add gallery images to these items, you would need to add them using eBay's "Revise your Item" form. If the image URL is already showing up in the gallery image URL field, you may just have to resubmit it and save your changes. The steps for making this type of revision are as follows:

6) Delete the text(if any) in the “Enter URL…” field(if any) and replace it with the copied URL.
7) Click the “Insert Pictures” button and save your changes.

NOTE: If the listing you are trying to add a gallery image to has already received bids or is ending in less than 12 hours, unfortuantely, eBay will likely not allow you to make this change.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. Our image hosting provider, Amazon S3, has a service interruption yesterday that caused problems with our image hosting until about 5 PM PT. Therefore, I suspect eBay must have tried to generate the gallery images for your auctions while that issue was ongoing and was understandably unable to do so. I don't believe they automatically retry creating the gallery image from the URL we send to them if it fails the first time.

In order to add gallery images to these items, you would need to add them using eBay's "Revise your Item" form. If the image URL is already showing up in the gallery image URL field, you may just have to resubmit it and save your changes. The steps for making this type of revision are as follows:

6) Delete the text(if any) in the “Enter URL…” field(if any) and replace it with the copied URL.
7) Click the “Insert Pictures” button and save your changes.

NOTE: If the listing you are trying to add a gallery image to has already received bids or is ending in less than 12 hours, unfortuantely, eBay will likely not allow you to make this change.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Eureka! Thank you Mike, there's the answer to the greyed out "Add a picture". I'll just have to wait to see if eBay will make an effort to sort out the problem before my listings end.
If anyone is still having problems with missing gallery images after the Amazon glitch I've just received a fix from eBay. It is as follows;
1. Go to the auction page of your listed item
2. Click Site Map (top right hand corner)
3. Select 'Change Your items Gallery Image'
4. Enter the item number....and then simply follow the ensuing instructions. All done in a moment.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.