Skip to main content

Hi, just wondering about how long it will be until Gallery Plus is integrated into the marketing section on the create listing page? Let us know please!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The regular gallery is wayyyyy overrated. Now, here comes eBay with Gallery Plus! Gee, it will only be .75 a pop! Are they crazy? Better take your best pictures because any seller using Gallery Plus with poor pictures will have buyers NEVER entering their listing! I believe, Gallery Plus is a HUGE ripoff!

I'll say it again..............KEYWORDS.

Learn your crucial keywords sellers and use them. Forget the rest. It's all propaganda.
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
The regular gallery is wayyyyy overrated. Now, here comes eBay with Gallery Plus! Gee, it will only be .75 a pop! Are they crazy? Better take your best pictures because any seller using Gallery Plus with poor pictures will have buyers NEVER entering their listing! I believe, Gallery Plus is a HUGE ripoff!

Learn your crucial keywords sellers and use them. Forget the rest. It's all propaganda.

William,

I believe just as Magie does...use Gallery when it's called for...but I believe the Gallery Plus is a bend me over situation.

Key Words!
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

I use the above link the most as it will get buyers using Google into your eBay site. Or oscommerce site (I still haven't got my teeth sunk into the VA store..<sigh>Wink

http://buy.ebay.com/
This is secondary to me, but still a plus.

Hey Magie!
I have two emails for you in my drafts...gotta remember to send them out to you. Look for them no later than Sunday, ok?

My Best,
Donna
magie has a good point - gives buyers even less reason to click on your listing.

I just looked at a listing that had it and even the larger pic couldnt tell what all was included (was a lot of kids toys). But some buyers could easily glance at it and go "well, I dont see anything there I want" and move on. Whereas what you want is for them to enter the door, so to speak, by actually opening the listing.

kinda like how you might peer in the window of a B&M store (or peer in the open door) and go "I dont see anything in there I want". Whereas if you would have entered, you might have found something, just like if would enter the listing might decide to buy it or might see something to buy in the cross promotion tools (ebay's and auctiva's).

Not to mention the fact that 75 cents for it is a total ripoff.
quote:
Let us know please!

Unless eBay pulls their head out it won't be soon. If you read their news release you'll see it requires sellers to use eBays Image hosting to get that feature. Another poor decision. Their stock is tanking and they're in a rush to add features to help their #'s look better and it's showing. Absolutely zero thought for the huge number of sellers that don't use eBay image hosting. I was pretty upset when I saw that and let them know. So far no reply to the complaint I sent them on Friday.

quote:
(Please note that Gallery Plus is only available for images hosted through eBay Picture Services).
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Let us know please!

Unless eBay pulls their head out it won't be soon. If you read their news release you'll see it requires sellers to use eBays Image hosting to get that feature. Another poor decision. Their stock is tanking and they're in a rush to add features to help their #'s look better and it's showing. Absolutely zero thought for the huge number of sellers that don't use eBay image hosting. I was pretty upset when I saw that and let them know. So far no reply to the complaint I sent them on Friday.

quote:
(Please note that Gallery Plus is only available for images hosted through eBay Picture Services).

eBay picture services, Bawahahaha!

$20 a month for a gigabyte of space?

ROTFLMAO!
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:

William,

I believe just as Magie does...use Gallery when it's called for...but I believe the Gallery Plus is a bend me over situation.

Key Words!
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

I use the above link the most as it will get buyers using Google into your eBay site. Or oscommerce site (I still haven't got my teeth sunk into the VA store..<sigh>Wink

http://buy.ebay.com/
This is secondary to me, but still a plus.

Hey Magie!
I have two emails for you in my drafts...gotta remember to send them out to you. Look for them no later than Sunday, ok?

My Best,
Donna

Okay, I'll look for them. I have to remember to go to that email addy. It isn't my usual one. If I don't respond right away, just let me know you've sen them. Oh, I still have your Auctiva pin from eBay Live (Danelle's too). Smile
I just got the blast-o-gram from eBay last night that today, Tuesday the 29th, is Free Gallery Plus listing day.

It seems to me that this is just a ploy on their part to make it seem like every listing out there has Gallery Plus on it now...and if you don't list that way, you won't sell your item.

I hate fear based tactics...ugh...

It's too bad that there wasn't a real competitor to eBay so that they would not be able to pull this junk...

Just my random thoughts...
Mike
I have to say that I have yet to see the Gallery Plus being used on Ebay. I mainly look at lower priced items (Clothing) so I just went and looked at ipods and other electronics and did not see it used there either.

IMHO, Gallery Plus is just one more thing we really do not need to help us sell (I also never thought a border or bolding was integral to my all listings either).

Marcia

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.