Skip to main content

I started another thread called, Did You Know. In it, I went on to talk about Froogle and how you can upload your FP store listings for free.

I'm starting this thread to let you know about Froogle and Google's beta - Google Base.

Now, you can upload your eBay Store listings, website listing OR sell your items direct. Meaning NO middleman. Create an ad and upload it for free. Wanna learn more? Read on.

CLICK HERE for GOOGLE BASE

Create an account.

If your listing items from your eBay Store then go into your store settings and enable the RSS Feed option. Once done, click onto the orange tab located in the bottom left of any store page. I recommend using your 'home page'.

Save your store's RSS file to your computer.

Next go to the Google Base upload page and follow the directions. Enter the information as directed. In less than 60 seconds you will upload your eBay Store items to Google Base.

It's soooooooo easy! I love it.

Enjoy! Smile
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Some people should be content watching the grass grow. Instead of committing felonies.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can add them one at a time as well. You don't have to have a website or eBay Store. All you need is a picture, description and payment information. A person could create separate ads and post them on Froogle and or Google Base for free.

Oh, by the way, you can set up a merchant account through PayPal so you can accept credit cards for customers who don't like or want a PayPal account. They have a free trial that lasts through January. I signed up for it. After the trial it would cost $20 per month plus PP percentage fees. Unless, I get a big demand 'use' for it, I'll cancel it. It can't hurt to try it for free and see. It's the virtual terminal pro deal they have.

Okay, that's all for now.
Go to the store page you want to add to Google Base. Then click onto the orange rss button. Once the new page comes up, go to file in the top left corner of your browser and select 'save as', it should offer this 'save as' choice.

rssapi
XML Files [*xml]

Select this option. Save to wherever you want it saved. This is how I saved my rss page.

Let me know if it works.
I don't know what is wrong. Try removing any symbols between the data and scoot it closer together so there aren't any spaces. Then input it into Google Base. Remember, you can always do them manually as well. Doing them manually takes more time BUT you can add more information. You can create these ads and save them to launch later too. I might do a manual launch myself. I can control the keywords, pictures and leave out auction style listings.

Sorry I'm not more help.
I tried it your way and still got "failure" -

What is "Unrecognized header"?

This error message means that your tab-delimited bulk upload contains an attribute name that our system doesn't recognize. You may have mislabeled one of the attributes in your bulk upload. If one of the required attributes is mislabeled, we will not be able to display your items. Please make sure the attribute names in your bulk upload match the attributes listed in our bulk upload instructions.

And this one too -

What is "Incorrect attribute specification"?

One of your attributes in your bulk upload was not correctly specified. This is usually because a custom attribute has not been defined properly in the header column. Please be sure that your attribute names are in the correct format. For example, "c:megapixels:decimal" is a valid custom field, but "megapixels (decimal)" is not.

I guess I'll have to pass on this for now. I have to much going on. Thanks for posting about it and offering your help Wink
Messy.

I have to think like a SHOPPER instead of a seller who just wants to cut costs. I mean, I went into Google Base, and all I could see is just a big pile of DISORGANIZED MESS. It was just too disorganized, confusing and impossible to find any particular item I am looking for in Google Base. As a shopper, I quickly get discoraged, so I wouldn't even bother.

Ultimately, it is the shoppers and buyers that drive the market. And shoppers and buyers like to go to eBay because it is a very well organized, clean, tidy store that is very user friendly for SHOPPERS and BUYERS. Of course, sellers really want more people to go to places like Yahoo Auction or Google Base because it do not cost sellers anything to list there. But, the sellers do not drive the market.
The following is a direct quote from the terms of service you must read and agree to before signing up for an account:

"The Google Services are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use the Google Services to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your Web site for commercial reasons, such as advertising sales."

It seems to me that "posting" items to sell and/or any of your eBay pages/listings would be in direct violation of their user agreement.

Am I missing something here?

nightowls
I noticed this on the 'about' page for Google Base:

4. What kind of information can I submit?

Remember, our goal is to organize the world's information and make it universally useful and accessible, and "the world's information" certainly includes almost anything you might wish to contribute. We encourage you to submit your item, whether it's your store inventory, collection of original poetry, or research paper on cancer receptors.

So, would seem that items for sale would qualify, no??
Hey everyone Smile

One thing I do know is, you can't upload the .xml file until you register it with Google Base first. When I did my "save as" after clicking the orange RSS button in my eBay store, I chose a filename that would be easy for me to remember (you could do something like "myebaystore.xml"). When you go to the Google Base screen to register it, make sure you type it exactly as "myebaystore.xml"! I just did those exact steps and my feed show up great! And it didn't overwrite my other bulk upload file (the one I use for my web store) like I thought it would, it just added more items. Yay!!!
Last edited by artofadornment

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.