Skip to main content

Ok folks..You can say you heard it here first!

Here it is. This info (quasi-copy and pasted) from another board that I belong to of auctioneers.

http://checkout.google.com/

I signed up this evening.

For any of you who may have shopping carts provided by Mercantec, Monster Commerce, Shopsite, Volusion, Infopia, or ChannelAdvisor
they are supposedly set up to have gbuy integrated already so that set up takes only a couple of minutes.

Payment forms are:
all major credit/debit cards including
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.

I don't see anywhere that they will do "e-checks" tho. Also, the only way to get your money back out of your gbuy account is to have a bank account listed where they will direct deposit your funds.

Charges are:
2.0% plus $.20 per transaction

But if you have an adwords account, for every $1 you spend in adwords you will be able to process $10 in payments for free.

As far as I can tell there is no option to make a purchase using gbuy without creating an account. Might be a drawback for some who want to use a cc but don't want to give google their life history.

It's up, it's running and it's now a viable option.

Whether eBay agrees that we can now use it..that's another story.

Ecrater has agreed to implement GBuy per BTPS comments. (and she's ALWAYS on the money!)

And with Auctiva's plans to implement independent stores that are outside of eBay (similar to ecrater) this could really work!

My best,
Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.