Skip to main content

Hello all, I signed up for google checkout and have been waiting for almost 7 days now for them to make their "Small Deposit" into my bank account for verification. It seems Google Checkout is flopping all across the board. I was really looking forward to using it, but now theres no way I will use it until they get this stuff worked out..here you can read about the nightmares yourself:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-merchants-forum?lnk=li
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

yep.. a few days ago.. on googles home page right in the center... it had a line and link about their checkout being for online shopping and the link takes one to an example...... when i saw that... i said well well..its set.... and this front page advertizing will produce a stampede for their checkout...but the bugs apparantely hasnt been worked out and this line about checkout is gone..

BUT this will work and will take away from paypal and ebay in a big time way soon...the foundation for this to happen is THERE.... so yes sit back until the bugs are worked out...like froogle and checkout i see a type of foundation at wagglepop that will naturally make it work after any bugs are fixed....but once the bigs are fixed from both these.. then stampede both of them....and maybe the coming auctiva stores
Maybe you entered the numbers wrong?

I got mine on monday and all went well with the rest of the sign up. I put up a "payment test" on eCrater and had another seller try it out.

Then we reported back to one another how the process went. Everything seemed to work for us on both ends.

I think I'll pass on the link cause sometimes I'm better off not knowing what could happen Razz
read this thorough analysis of gbuy checkout and paypal....!! this is from a professional analyst that looks for info that affects stock prices... this person after testing and comparing it to paypal.. then gave a lower profit expectation for ebay cause of this taking a big hit from paypal...... some of yall take some time and read all the way down at these tests... but the main foundation that will make this take off seems to better than paypal.... the speed is rater better for both the buyer and seller.... and the ease is rated better for both the seller and buyer... and then its the cost.. and its lower.. these 2 things are what to look for in a system of a highly rated company with big bucks they will fix the other issues...

https://www.citigroupgeo.com/pdf/SBD86668.pdf
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
I think I'll pass on the link cause sometimes I'm better off not knowing what could happen Razz

LOL...you might be better off not to look wahm...consider yourself one of the lucky one's. There is one post on there where the guy said he had no problems...I thought ah! heres a positive one....but then he goes on to say...until today...lolol. I could not find even one positive post in the normal sections...most of them are about the reviewing times on purchases....they gotta get that worked out before Im even going to touch it.

I got an email from a reporter wanting me to do a phone interview with him about google checkout..did anyone else get the same email...he says he does reporting for PC WORLD and is gathering users thoughts on google checkout. Im going to email him and tell him I would love to give him an interview except I cant even get them to make their deposit so I can verify and use it. So, I wouldnt be able to tell him much...lolol.
Suthrnjewl<---got deposit within 2 days tops

Nope..no phone call here.

I'm up and running and waiting for a sale via checkout. I'll let ya'll know.

Sometimes on message boards you have to remember that you get persons who don't understand or are already angry or have an issue that they feel hasn't been paid appropriate attention.

So when I view message boards of services I always take that into the mix.

Take Auctiva...the majority of users of this service we never see a post from them. The only time a post is made by a good percentage of subscribers is when they're upset or demanding an answer right then and there or frustrated. Once it's resolved on it's own, then you don't hear from them again until another issue comes up. Thus, since this board is open, if persons were researching Auctiva, they wouldn't be pleased.

My Two Cents,
Donna

WestVA, gimme an email, I need to "axe" you sumptin.
Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com
Yea I was just givin the link for the forum..but I have been reading other blogs and forums...will have to track them down agin if you want to see them..they are all the same...trouble trouble trouble...I am glad that you didnt have any problem with the bank deposit...apparently from what Ive read..im not the only one...just dont get it..and yes it is all correct. I have checked and rechecked. I will give it till friday. It seems from most of the forums and blogs Ive read it's the review time people are having trouble with..customers are angry because they cant get their merchandise because their payment has been under review for 3 or more days. Ive seen a few other problems listed..but who knows..google will probably get it straight..they sauid they are working on it
I will email ya donna, William
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

Sometimes on message boards you have to remember that you get persons who don't understand or are already angry or have an issue that they feel hasn't been paid appropriate attention.

Take Auctiva...the majority of users of this service we never see a post from them. The only time a post is made by a good percentage of subscribers is when they're upset or demanding an answer right then and there or frustrated. Once it's resolved on it's own, then you don't hear from them again until another issue comes up. Thus, since this board is open, if persons were researching Auctiva, they wouldn't be pleased.

My Two Cents,
Donna

WestVA, gimme an email, I need to "axe" you sumptin.
Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com

I agree.

I'm set to go as well.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

My Two Cents,
Donna

HOW VERY TRUE! Auctiva's been giving people prob's all day and since I can't list, I've perused the forums, only to find myself commiserating with the other troubled souls, which probably wouldn't happen if it was working. But to topic... Can't wait till PAYPAL alternative, the Nazi like service needs someone to put them in their place!!
quote:
Originally posted by mattroy:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

My Two Cents,
Donna

HOW VERY TRUE! Auctiva's been giving people prob's all day and since I can't list, I've perused the forums, only to find myself commiserating with the other troubled souls, which probably wouldn't happen if it was working. But to topic... Can't wait till PAYPAL alternative, the Nazi like service needs someone to put them in their place!!

I'm sorry this happened to you and other subscribers of Auctiva yesterday. I was totally clueless to any problems and would still be clueless if I hadn't popped in to check the boards for questions I could possibly answer.

I wasn't online with Auctiva to work my auctions up yesterday. I'm the type person that uses Auctiva and schedules far enough ahead to where I can go on about life & walk away from the computer.

All of my scheduled listings went up fine and all my pics were showing.

Sign up for Google checkout and keep that option open for yourself. Who knows..one day eBay may allow us to use this option.

My Best, Donna
I was one of the first to sign up for Google checkout, as it came on line the very day I had my Paypal nightmare and I needed a way to allow people to pay (before they were banned on Ebay). I won't go in to the Paypal details, you can find a thousand similar stories, but I would like to illustrate why Google is going to crush them. About 2 weeks ago, after I messed up and sent a "Google Button" to an international customer, My checkout screen had the message "Account under review, you may still post items for sale but you may not withdraw funds". After my recent experience with Paypal, I about wanted to cry. I started sending an email to Google support to try and get an answer but before I finished, my account was back on line and everything was fine. If I had logged on later, I would never have known it ever happened. Compare that with Paypal policies and execution. Oh, and they have worked great start to finish.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.