Skip to main content

You're right, not getting a negative certainly is the way to go. Unfortunately, we're dealing with humans, with all their imperfections and emotions. I have had an occasional buyer who has been dissatisfied for some reason--no problem IF they tell me what that problem is. Sometimes it's a knee jerk negative feedback, though, with no opportunity to fix the problem.

No offense, but 161 feedbacks just isn't enough to experience this. When I had my first negative (back in about 2000 or so) I had about 500 FBs--a woman complained that she didn't know a book I was selling on making baby food had been published several years before, even though it WAS listed as used! My fault? I've had over 6 THOUSAND FBs since then, and occasionally I've been dinged--it's a risk of doing business. With feedback withdrawal you can fix it, and preserve your 100% rating.

My user name on Ebay is daffodildeb--check me out.
Good luck with that theory.
I went a bunch of years before getting my first negative. I was a buyer. I emailed the seller, let them know the "new" collector items I had purchased had paint loss. The seller never responded, after several attempts.
Now, Im the type of person who generally, depending on the severity, will email the seller, and see how they handle things. Usually an attempt to correct things is all I ask. In this case, that's all I would have wanted. then a positive FB would have been left.
Another seller left me negative, because I left neutral. I had wanted to buy several items from the seller, asked how much combined s/h would be. She never responded. she left negative stating I wanted free shipping. Several emails later, I wish i had left the lady negative. Getting cussed out by a nutcase just doesnt work for me. Esp. when i did nothing wrong.
These things happen. But, today, if a person sells on ebay, they risk everything. You get 5% negative in any month's time, suspended. If you sell a ton of items, then that's a lot of leeway. If you are a small seller, like myself, and you list 20 or fewer items in a month's time, that means all you need is one nutcase. (Assuming you are a great seller) or, one mistake (assuming you are not as great with selling as others). Just one, and eBay kicks you. No mitigating circumstances. No forgiveness, no mercy. Tough luck. It's esp. sad if the feedback is left by a nutjob. An unreasonable buyer, who no matter how far you bend over backwards, they will neg you.

I agree with the concept of fixing the retaliatory feedback. But, this is NOT the way to go. This ebay way is creating more blackmail attempts; allowing buyers to file a complaint, keep the item, and get a refund. Meanwhile, a legitimately ripped off buyer gets their claim denied?
Ebay-Paypal is just so screwed up.
They need to be fixed; and the only wa to get fixed is to scrap every board member, hire a whole new board, and start over.
But, that's just my opinion.
Tim
http://forums.delphiforums.com/boycottebay/start

quote:
Originally posted by Urban Picasso:
Theres only one way to stay away form handeling negative feedback. Don't get any. I have 100 percent so far, but if and when i do get a negative i will be back to review your article.

Visit my ebay store Urban Picasso Art

http://stores.ebay.com/urban-picasso-art
I am in danger of losing my account. I have had a couple undeserved negatives based on things that are not in my control. And one more, and I am gone.

I just received a hit on my DSR for shipping. The lady won 5 auctions and paid immediately. And then dinged me with 4 feedbacks about my shipping. But, she knew the shipping before she bid and my auctions state that I combine shipping. Which I did refund the additional amount she paid.

I don't leave feedback and I don't ask for it. I think the system is completely unfair to me as a seller. If a buyer requests feedback, I do a "Thank you".

After being a silver powerseller because of my volume of sales, I have dropped most of my listings and do business elsewhere.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.