Skip to main content

Hi - I've been using auctiva since last year and I do like it very much, but this is my first time posting on the Forum. However, since yesterday, I have not been able to log in as usual. I have McAfee Site Advisor installed on my computer, which checks web sites and warns you if the site is known for phishing scams or identity theft. Last night when I tried to log in to Auctiva, suddenly Site Advisor pops up and says this site may try to steal my personal information and it was suspected of phishing scams! Eek Same thing happened today. This has never happened before. I had to add Auctiva to the allowed list. This is really worrying me now - could someone have corrupted Auctiva??? Are we safe here? Has anyone else had a problem like this? I'm not sure who else at Auctiva to report this to. Thanks for listening.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The answer is somewhere on the board...I wish I had time to use Find to search out the answer.

I've been using Auctiva for years and it's of no worry to me and this issue comes up from time to time and the answer is here on the board.

Anyway...In regards to the McAfee..it's notorious for it's updates booting new items into it's zone which needs to be tweaked. One of those is Auctiva. I haven't used McAfee in almost 3 years, closer to 4...but the updates were what had me dropping their service. I currently use and have used AVG virus (which is free) and haven't had one single incident since switching over.

If you continue to have concerns please do not fail to use the Help button at the top and let Customer Service know of your concerns.

Good Luck,
Donna
Thanks, Donna! Smile That makes me feel better. I did send an email to HELP, just in case, but you have eased my mind and I won't worry about it anymore. BTW, I checked out your web pages, ebay store, etc, and I loved it all! I'm also a GRITS lady (born and raised in VA), so I realy relate to you! Wink Although, I do currently live in NY state - I hope I can get back down South before too long - I miss home! Take care, hon, and thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I'm off now - ta-ta!
Hi Crazylacy,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I assure you that there is nothing to worry about. This is an erroneous message generated by McAfee's phishing filter. We have received a couple reports of this problem and will be taking it up with McAfee in the near future.

The report on http://www.auctiva.com on the Site Advisor website actually states "We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems." To view the complete report, please click the following link: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/auctiva.com

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.