Skip to main content

When I joined auctiva & was automatically signed up for sellathon counters. Well I'd like to make some changes. When I try to sign in it says my subscription has expired & for me to access the sellathon service I would have to now subscribe for at least the basic monthly fee of $4.99. I thought this was a free service? If it isn't, are there any free counters that can be used?

Thanks for any info that anyone might have.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi there, Sorry for the delay - I took Sunday off!

As far as I know, you can't get into Sellathon once your trial subscription has expired. Go to the "My Account" tab and click on "Sellathon Settings." It will bring you to a login page. That will tell you if your account has expired. If it has, you can only use the basic sellathon counter unless you pay for the sellathon subscription. You'll find that by clicking the "My Account" tab and going to "Account Settings." Once there, go to the "Listing Enhancements" section. There is one that says "Append Sellathon Counters to my listings" You select either yes or no and pick the bubble for visible or hidden. That's about all I know about Sellathon. I looked at it when I first signed up with Auctiva and got the trial subscription, but wasn't overly impressed. It may be great, but I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out. Maybe I'll change my mind someday Smile

As far as the Andale counter goes:
Go to Vendio.com and click on "counters" on the left side of the page. From there, go to the bottom of the page and click on "get started." You'll have to register with them, but there is no charge for using the free counters. They do, of course, have a lot of other pay services. For your counters, there is a way to auto-attach them to your listings. Go into the "Auction Tools" link on the left. This will give you a sub heading. You can select "Counters - Auto Attach." There you can select your counter style and type. Then, below that, there is a box to check to automatically add them to your listings.

Then, on ebay, you'll have to go into "My Account" and look at your seller preferences. There's a section lower on the page for "General Preferences." Look at your "Third-party authorizations." There should be something for Vendio and Andale Auto-Attach.

Hope this helps!
As far as the Vendio/Andale counters go, I don't think they're free any more. I was using them for years, but lately I was having problems viewing them. Now I can't get to them at all and there's a statement on the Vendio site that says:

FREE Counters are available with the Image Hosting service.

and there is no free Image Hosting plan. So if there's still a way to get free counters from them I sure can't find it. Too bad - I liked their auto-insert feature a lot.

Guess I'll try the Sellathon counters and see how they work. I don't like the other free counters because I don't want to have to copy html code into my auctions.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.