Skip to main content

First, what is the difference between the information you enter in the shipping detals, and check out details profiles, versus the "seller details" profile that it says you have to have if you use Auctiva templates? Also, can you edit anything in a listing after you apply profiles? For example, if I sell frequently in a single category, BUT the description of the items is different each time, can I have a master profile for that category, apply it, and then go in and edit the details? Thanks in advance for any help. Plus, if anyone wants to point me to examples of their own profiles, I would really appreciate it.
MomzShop.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi again,

Profiles are the way to go. I'd start with the marketing, gallery, checkout, & shipping. You can create as many as you want or need and save them under identifying names.

Then go on to the Seller Details. This information will appear in your listing below the description. The information is your payment, shipping, terms, about us, contact us. You can create different seller detail profiles. These appear on your listing below the item description, (but you will not see them in a preview). You'll need this set up if you use Auctiva's pre-designed templates. I have 3 of them, each using a different color scheme, with a couple other slight differences.

Then you can make Item Details profiles. This is the stuff in the listing description that you usually repeat. If you have the same category every time, put that in. This is where you choose what template you want. If you have any information you want in every item description, put that in. I have a few lines that I want in every auction, and a link to my Auctiva store set up in my Item Details profiles. I have 3 different item details profiles - they use different color schemes and templates - so I have 3 different Item Details profiles.

After you do all that, you make Master Profiles, by picking from your already composed Item Details, Seller Details, Shipping, Checkout, Gallery and Market profiles you've already made.

Then when you go to create an auction, you can just choose which Master will be right for that instance. Hopefully all that made some sense.

There are some great tutorials in the Help area. I'd be sure to go through them if you haven't. And I'd also be patient - there is definitely a learning curve to this, but it will be worth your time I think.

Wanda
Ahem - didn't answer your first question. The difference between the shipping profile and the shipping terms in the Seller Details profile is that the Seller Details contains generalized statements from you to the buyers. The actual shipping profile contains specific terms like your zip code, weight of product, shipping method, etc.

Same for the checkout profile - it's the detail of how your checkout system is going to work compared to whatever you want to say in a general way in the Seller Details.

And yes, you can edit anything before it's posted.

Wanda
First, thank you for the well thought out replies. Second, I followed your suggestions step by step and then, when I went to save the "item details" profile, my system hung and finally error/timed out. I lost all the data I had put into the listing... I have a new computer with Windows Vista. Is that what's wrong?

I could not find anything in the tutorials or help that matched exactly what happened to me.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.