Skip to main content

I recently learned how to put extra pictures in my listing by putting them in my description. I have done that but when I go to post to ebay I get this message:
listing was unable to post because they did not pass validation and need to be edited. What does this mean? Obviously I must have put too many pics in my description. I have been to ebay live help and they send me back to auctiva. PLEASE HELP I AM GOING CRAZY!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No it didn't mention anything about using too many pictures. I have 44 pictures in the description. I haven't resized my pictures I didn't know I needed to do that. Do I need to resize them and how do I do that? The thing is this whole process took me three hours to do. If I have to start over I will but this is a lengthy project for me. I am wondering if this has anything to do with my account settings? Thanks for any help you can give me.
When you edit your photos in your camera software, there should be a place where you designate the "size" of the photo. This does not mean the actual size, but the file size of the .jpg document. I think Auctiva automatically resizes photos that you upload, but I'm not sure. I always resize them before I upload to Auctiva, as it is much quicker because the file size is so much smaller. It is possible Ebay is not accepting the upload because the file size is too large for each photo. Anyone else out there have any ideas?
I think it failed to post for something other than the pictures. Possibly the title? To speed thing up, I would go to "help" at the top of this forum and file a support case. You might can find out more by clicking on "Events" at the top of Auctiva's home page. It shows your listing failures and sometimes the reason.

When I know I am going to insert pictures in the description area, I resize through my picture editor first. It saves upload time and editing time. Be sure when you preview your listing that your pictures aren't too large for the template to show nicely. You can still edit the picture size after inserting but it's easier if you resize before uploading to Auctiva. It's not the amount of pictures you are using because I've used many more than that in a listing.

booklady
Hi imthebirdlady -

Make sure that you are performing an error check on your listings prior to posting them from the lister page. This should provide you with some guidance as to what is wrong with your listing that it won't pass validation.

I am with booklady that it is probably not the addition of many pictures to your description area.

Hope this helps -

Cara

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.