Skip to main content

I am trying to list a lot of little boys PJS. I have 6 pictures. I want to have 1 picture and then an explanation of the picture underneath. Can anyone help me with this. I have been playing with this for hours and all I get is 6 pictures at the top of the listing then the description. Thank you in advance......Colleen
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Colleen the only way I know of doing this is to manually insert your photos into the auction body. Don't worry it is not as hard as it sounds.From your listing editor look for Userlinks in the tool bar (it is botttom row right hand side) Beside that you will see a small yellow and gray square click on that and a box will appear prompting you to pick a Auctiva hosted photo. You may want to resize your photos if they are uploaded at 1024 x 768 Resolution Do that through this link by selecting the photo you wish to resize, check the box and click the edit tab. Hope this helps you out. http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/imagemanagement.aspx

Edit: Hey Ninth where have you been hiding have'nt seen much of you lately
quote:
Hi Colleen the only way I know of doing this is to manually insert your photos into the auction body. Don't worry it is not as hard as it sounds.From your listing editor look for Userlinks in the tool bar (it is botttom row right hand side) Beside that you will see a small yellow and gray square click on that and a box will appear prompting you to pick a Auctiva hosted photo. You may want to resize your photos if they are uploaded at 1024 x 768 Resolution Do that through this link by selecting the photo you wish to resize, check the box and click the edit tab. Hope this helps you out.

This has certainly helped me anyway. Only joined Auctiva yesterday
Hi Community,

As other contributors to this thread have brought up, there are actually 2 fairly simple ways to accomplish this through Auctiva. In order to attach text to each image in your item descriptions, I recommend using one of the following methods:

1) Adding Images Directly to Description Editor: You can add your images directly into the description editor, which can be done using the "Insert an Auctiva Hosted Image" button on the bottom-right of the editor toolbar, which has an icon of a mountain and sun on it. If you add your images in this manner, they will appear within the editor, and you will be able to place the desired text next to them using your cursor and keyboard.

2) Using Image Captions: You can add captions to your images by clicking the "Manage Images" link under the "Images" tab within your account, entering the desired captions in the "Caption" field next to each image, and then clicking the "Update Captions" button. Then, if you add those images to the "Select an Image" boxes on the lister page and check the box next to "Display Image Captions", the captions you specified will be displayed under the appropriate images.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.