Skip to main content

I just opened an ebay store and was wondering how to post my auctions to ebay through Auctiva? Does it take 24 hours for auctiva to get the info from ebay that I opened a store? Cause I just went to post an auction and it only has the usual 7 day listing box/BIN. It doesn't show the 30 day listing or the GTC? I'm a little confused?
Also, does Auctiva offer a choice to change the store header in ebay to a different one? As ebays are pretty plain. If they do, then where do I go about finding it in Auctiva?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi crochetmamma,

Your first step would be to make sure you have your store settings updated here on Auctiva. Go to the "My Account" tab -> "Ebay Settings" then click on the link that says something like "Update Store Categories on Ebay". This should set you up to start listings things in your store using the categories you set up on Ebay.

Yes, you are right the store headers on ebay are pretty boring (I know I need to do something about mine!) but Auctiva does not offer store headers for ebay, only templates.

Hope that helps, if not please give another holler!

Marcia
Thanks so much for your help.
But, now I have some more questions. I went and updated my ebay settings into Auctiva then went to post an auction and saw that I have to choose a category, so I went to my ebay store to create categories. I then went back into Auctiva to update my ebay settings again but the "Update ebay settings" is greyed out so I can't upload.
When I went into post an auction in Auctiva the categories are still there but only as Category 1, category 2 etc... Won't they update to what I listed them as in ebay? Maybe I have to log out of Auctiva and go back in to update ebay listings? Cause the auction still only has the 1-10 day listings not the 30 day or GTC.
Sorry about this, I'm so confused!!
And another thing, when I get this all sorted out and I post a 30 day or GTC listing, will the auction stop (cancel) once someone buys it or will it keep going? I would guess it would stop, but just wanted to make sure.
Thanks again!!!
I do see what you mean about updating your store categories. I just went and updated mine in Auctiva and then logged out and then in and I get the greyed out link too. It may be a time issue, like waiting until Auctiva refreshes/updates with Ebay which is about every 6 hours? What I would do is create listings, save them and then go back to put the store categories in once you can update on Auctiva. Maybe give it until tonight and if the link is still grey send in a help request (or maybe just go ahead and do that now to get the ball rolling).

Once you can update your store categories (and I should have suggested to go to ebay first to set up your categories BEFORE updating your settings on Auctiva, sorry!) then the listing page WILL reflect your actual categories, not just 1,2,3 etc. and it will show the 30 day or GTC options.

And yes, once someone buys your item, the auction/store item is over and will cancel itself. Wink

Marcia
Hi again Marcia Roll Eyes
Okay, It just let me update the ebay settings so all seems to be going well except I cant see the GTC one.
Also, the auctions that I have posted as 30 day closings aren't showing up in my store. They show on My Ebay but not in my store. Ebay said that any listings posted since the store opened will go in automatically and that it takes 24 hours to move my other auctions over. Now, the question is in My Ebay, beside the 2 auctions that I have done so far there is a drop down to the far right of the listing and one says Send to Online Auction or Send to Fixed Price?. Do I click any of these to make it go into my store listings? Or should I just wait a bit to see if it goes on its own?
Thanks again by the way! It's so nice to have someone to help out the NEWBIES!!!
As my husband says, Everyday is a School Day!
Thanks in advance again!
quote:
Okay, It just let me update the ebay settings so all seems to be going well except I cant see the GTC one

Do you mean that you cannot see the Good Til Cancelled Option on the scroll down window on the listing page? When you click on that arrow, it should show, 30,60,90,120 and then Good Til Cancelled.

quote:
Now, the question is in My Ebay, beside the 2 auctions that I have done so far there is a drop down to the far right of the listing and one says Send to Online Auction or Send to Fixed Price?. Do I click any of these to make it go into my store listings? Or should I just wait a bit to see if it goes on its own?

Those listings should be showing up in your store automatically but there is a weird glitch going on on ebay...I have been having it too where store items show up in My Ebay but are delayed in showing up in my store. Do not click on the links on the side as those are for if you want to send them to auction style listings and not store.

Hope that helps!

Marcia

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.