Skip to main content

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how I can stop being billed for the Auctiva service? I canceled my service 2-3 months ago (after being a faithful customer for over 5-6 years), went to the site, canceled, and got a message that I would be billed for the balance of the month and that would be it. Now here it is July, just received another bill, haven't used the service in probably 8 months or so, and I'm NOT going to pay again. I was billed last month, paid anyway figuring that's the last of it, here's another bill and I say NO MORE! Can someone (ideally someone from Auctiva) please tell me what else I can do? Any help from anyone is appreciated!
Thank you!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Ninth I believe they are still a viable offering and are being fully supported. I was thinking of possibly signing up for the paid program again as the spreadsheet was nice for keeping track of things.Also as i remember things I used the free version for awhile and the paid version was alot easier to use and was not as dependent on Auctivas website. Also it was easier to use.But again i am going back 5 years to a pawn Shop I co-owned at the time.Possibly try asking that question in the lower forum for Auctiva Classic. I do notice however the community boards down there get very little action.
Steve
I do remember that I had very few problems with it when I used it.However for some reason Auctiva does not seem to promote it much?I used the free version for about a month in late 2000 then switched to the paid.You are probably right about the lower boards not seeing much action because of few problems.But free is nice too!Big Grin
Since the paid version is ostensibly the money maker, then why is it that they don't promote it? Are they putting all their main resources into the freebie? - maybe planning to dump the other stuff? Something doesn't add up here.Confused

I would like to know the long range plan here (as would many others I'm sure) but I'm afraid that's a secret we will never know until it unfolds. (doesn't help OUR long range plans much does it?)
quote:
Originally posted by ninth_wave:
Since the paid version is ostensibly the money maker, then why is it that they don't promote it? Are they putting all their main resources into the freebie? - maybe planning to dump the other stuff? Something doesn't add up here.Confused

I would like to know the long range plan here (as would many others I'm sure) but I'm afraid that's a secret we will never know until it unfolds. (doesn't help OUR long range plans much does it?)

I don't know of any long-range plan aside from the "shared insurance earnings" one that is currently in place. I remember starting here back a few years ago, and Jeff was quite adamant that they were committed to that business model for the long-haul.

Also, I don't necessarily think that "Classic Auctiva" is the main money-maker for Auctiva. There are undoubtedly many, many more users of the free service, but I have no clue as to how that translates, revenue-wise, for Auctiva. I would love to know (just out of curiosity) how many "regular" users there are of the free service vs. subscribers of the paid service.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.