Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi BarbaraLil,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

As blackjack mentioned, you should still be able to edit the descriptions (and every other aspect) of your saved listings using the new version of the Saved Listings page by clicking the titles of the items you would like to modify.

However, we have recently become aware of an issue that is causing the titles not to function as links in some older versions of Internet Explorer, and even Internet Explorer 11.0 when set to compatibility mode, and our technical team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

In addition to switching to an alternate browser, I believe you should also be able to work around the issue by updating your browser to no longer load the Auctiva website in compatibility mode, which can be done via the following process:

1) Select “Compatibility View settings” from the “Tools” (gear icon) menu
2) Select “www.auctiva.com” from within the “Websites you've added to Compatibility View” and click the “Remove” button
3) Click the “Close” button

I hope this helps!

-Mike
Hi candy,

Given that you continued to encounter the same behavior after making sure your browser is not set to load our site in compatibility mode, I am curious if you may be using an older version of Internet Explorer. You should be able to confirm which version you are using by selecting “About Internet Explorer” from the “Tools” (gear icon) menu.

If you are indeed using an older version of Internet Explorer, you should be able to work around the issue for the time being by switching to an alternate browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome - which can be downloaded at no cost from the followings sites:

Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com
Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

If the item title links on the new Saved Listings page still do not function after trying this additional workaround, please contact our Customer Support team about this directly from the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

The new Saved Listings page does not display the black asterisks you are accustomed to, but you should be able to tell which items are currently scheduled based on the calendar icons displayed next to each one. You can also mouse over those icons to check the scheduled post times of your items.

-Mike
Oh Mike Mike Mike ...lol
You guys aren't getting it. I mean no offense at all here BUT alot of us have been with Auctive for YEARS.,,we can do a listing fast and with our eyes closed. But now we have to look for things that don't readily show up (the asterick for example) the new page is all jammed together and really small, thumbnails don't display in their entirety, scrolling to the bottom for the link to the OLD page is becoming a major P I T A, etc etc.

I gave up on ever being able to use the new uploader (and believe me I HAVE TRIED) and now I have to contend with this...all I can do is shake my head and wonder why you guys keep changing things that work.

Seriously, do we really have to have this shoved down our throats??? For those that like it, fine & good..but for those of us who don;t like it......my suggestion again would be to have a setting for default (like you did with the 'new supersize look')in our Account Settings.

This is all becoming way more difficult than it should be...why should someone have to use a different browser for example? Why do we have to relearn navigation and get workarounds? We never had all these issues in the past.

Just my 2 cents.
Here Here... I am totally frustrated with these updates. I have 3 browsers installed just to get around all the problems... I operate on two machines and one can no longer update to the newer IE so that's now running firefox.

My main system has just been updated with the latest IE on Win 7 and now I don't have and edit field in my edit listings page...

If it ain't broke don't touch it!!!!

These updates are a mess and have not been tested before release and we have all become beta testers on a site we pay to use..

The site needs to be put back to how it was until it has been fully sorted out... I am now looking at other options as I simply do not have the time to spend trouble shooting this site... I have a business to run..

And that's my 2 cents worth
Hi - just put the darned Asterisk back-don't need to "mouse over" something everytime I want to see if it is scheduled...as has been said - if it ain't broke don't try to fix because this fix sucks. Also the Teeny "green blob" to show the item has been sold is nuts - just put the words in like the previous version - it would be too eash to miss the green blob and relist something that has been sold. Please Please do not get rid of the previous version we can click on - even though it is is a pain in the butt to do that every time at least it is there. Candy
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi candy,

Given that you continued to encounter the same behavior after making sure your browser is not set to load our site in compatibility mode, I am curious if you may be using an older version of Internet Explorer. You should be able to confirm which version you are using by selecting “About Internet Explorer” from the “Tools” (gear icon) menu.

If you are indeed using an older version of Internet Explorer, you should be able to work around the issue for the time being by switching to an alternate browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome - which can be downloaded at no cost from the followings sites:

If the item title links on the new Saved Listings page still do not function after trying this additional workaround, please contact our Customer Support team about this directly from the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

The new Saved Listings page does not display the black asterisks you are accustomed to, but you should be able to tell which items are currently scheduled based on the calendar icons displayed next to each one. You can also mouse over those icons to check the scheduled post times of your items.

-Mike
Sorry I just have to laugh!! I had never even heard of "compatability mode" til all this stuff hit the fan Smile

Mike you're always very helpful and MOST of the time your suggestions DO work so I don't want ya to think I'm jumping down your throat (I'm really not)

But all these downloads, compatability modes, browser hopping...it's just nuts. I'm sure you can see where we're coming from.
hope the old saved listing page comes back ,this new page is way to cluttered up for me and going to the bottom to click old version is way to time consuming ,i have been with you a long time hope we get a choice the last 20 listings i have used ebays listing page for it is faster and less clutter ,will wait and see if we get a choice on old version ,please let us have it back for the ones who want it i have always enjoyed listing with auctiva until now
I just want to permanently opt out of this horrible improvement you are trying to foist upon us.
I can not click on the title & I do not want to use another browser.
I also do not want to upgrade to a newer version of IE.
I want to be able to do it the way I have been doing it for the past several years, because it works for me & newer isn't always better.
I often write up listings & then go back after & take the photos to add them, but if there is a way to do this I have not discovered it as of yet.
I thought it would be included in the advanced edit feature, what a joke that was.
Bottom line, we are your customers & you need to make it work for us.
We shouldn't have to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop just so that we can use your site.
I just found something else we can no longer do on this supposedly improved page.
I just tried to delete a listing for something that had sold, but I could not do that unless i delete all photos associated with that listing.
I don't delete the photos associated with my listings until feedback has been left or the 60 day limit has passed.
It is my CYA system & it has worked for 14 years & I am going to keep doing it this way.
I do save a good many of my listings to use as templates for future listings, but I don't save them all.
So off I went to the original version of the page & with 2 clicks everything was done.
Like I said earlier I want to opt out of this supposedly improved page of yours permanently & don't tell me how I can fix it.
If you want to spend your time fixing it so that it works with all operating systems that is fine, but until it is fixed I will spend my time listing from the original version.
Hi - regarding the "missing" Big Black Asterisk. I am not finding a "calendar" anywhere on the saved pages - where am I supposed to look for it?
quote:
Hi candy,

-Mike
Hi Devi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I was able to reproduce the error you described when attempting to use the "Advanced Edit" option on the new Saved Listings page to change the Sale Type of an item which uses the "Require Immediate Payment" option from Fixed Price to Auction, and have passed the details over to our technical team for further investigation.

However, I also encountered this error when attempting to revise the listing in the same manner using the "Find and Replace" tool on the old version of the Saved Listings page, so this issue does not appear to be specific to the new version of the page.

Hopefully we will be able to implement a solution for this issue with a future update to our site!

-Mike
Hi candy,

The calendar icon will only show up next to items on your Saved Listings page that are currently scheduled to post, and it appears that you do not currently have any items that are scheduled to post so it is expected that none of these calendar icons are showing up on your Saved listings page at present.

Just review the new version of the Saved Listings page after the next time you have scheduled a listing and you should be able to see this calendar icon.

-Mike
Hi - thank you for the information - it does work but much preferred the old way...another dilemma - when I try and "search" an item in the Closed page - I type in the word - it finds it and when I go to do another one it keeps coming back to the first word I put in. I have tried using delete - backspace - can't get rid of that first word to continue on.
quote:
Hi candy,

The calendar icon will only show up next to items on your Saved Listings page that are currently scheduled to post, and it appears that you do not currently have any items that are scheduled to post so it is expected that none of these calendar icons are showing up on your Saved listings page at present.

Just review the new version of the Saved Listings page after the next time you have scheduled a listing and you should be able to see this calendar icon.

-Mike
If you want to edit the listing and all of the fields within it, then looks like you just click on the title to access it and make your changes. Not a biggie for me since I was doing that on the old page too, but might be strange for people used to that edit tab on the old page.

I agree with you Ed, the clear search should be moved under the search itself.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.