Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by EdBobs:
Thanks.....just had a request to ship an item to Australia and it weighs ~5lbs....economy parcel post is ~ $25 and then need insurance....this will take 4-6 weeks to arrive....not cheap and not fast by my standards....is this a typical cost ?

Well, assuming you got that figure from the USPS then it's typical for that weight to that country. But the rates will vary from country to country.

By the way, sending anything overseas with the economy rate is often more of a headache then it's worth. It'll always take longer than the buyer expects it to and there's no way for you to prove it ever showed up at all.
Hi There, You are right. Economy Parcel post does take a long time. I am in Australia and purchase alot from the States, but I do find that sometimes, if the item is heavy and I am in no hurry, I nearly always have it sent Economy Parcel Post with insurance as it is considerably cheaper. I think the important thing is to let any buyer know who requests Economy is that even though USPS quotes 4-6 weeks, on average it takes between 10-14 weeks. I never contact a seller until 16 weeks and have only had to do this once, and the parcel arrived the very next day. Have not had one go missing yet in probably over 100 parcels I have had sent from the States.. I think that is pretty good...
Why are you not using Global Priority? I use it and it is 4-6 days and hardly any price difference from air letter. For the economy rate I would not ever use that, it can be out there forever.

I shipped to Germany and Canada last week and both arrived in 5 days, it was about 2lb 8oz, cost around $14 dollars. Use Variable Rate Global Priority. I checked, Australia would have been $13.75 for that weight.
quote:
Originally posted by EdBobs:
I looked at global priority but I didn't see a delivery conformation option....and if you use PayPal and there is a dispute you will need this...

You also have to have a confirmed address and I think you can only get those in the US and UK.

The only way to get online tracking for international shipments is Global Express which is, of course, the most expensive. (Although I don't remember exactly what may be changing come May 14th.)

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.