Skip to main content

Hi...

I have viewed all of the tutorials. I have finally figured out how to add pictures after listing, but how can you remove one after it's live? I went to revise, and wasn't able to do anything.

I also did a search on the boards for 'remove image' and didn't find anything helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

~M
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi it can be done but you must have some knowledge of HTML. If you do go to your view tab on your browser while you have the auction open in it click the view tab at the top and hit the source tab which will open notepad displaying your source code. then click edit on the notepad click find and type in img src. it will then start going to all the images on the auction. the one you will be looking for will have Auctiva.com in it and you will have to sort through them. When you find it it will look something like this. This is a photo off of one of my auctions which i pulled out of my source codehttp://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/6/5/1/1/1/webimg/60350999_tp.jpg you need to delete the reference to it from your auction.If you are not comfortable with HTML you are pretty much stuck with it as is.Good luck Steve
Hi Taz - Hate to disagree but there is another way. Just revise your saved listing in
Auctiva (remove the pic in this case), then replace the HTML in your active listing as follows: (This is the HTML dummy method for us HTML dummies.)

1) Locate your listing in your Saved Listings folder in Auctiva, open it, make any necessary changes, preview, and save.
2) In your Saved Listings folder, click the <HTML> icon to the right of your listing.
3) Select all of the HTML in the popup box and copy it.
4) Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise your item" link.
5) Click "Edit Description" then click the "HTML" tab.
6) Select all of the HTML that's there, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

Always more than one way to skin a cat as they say. (Sorry all you cat lovers out there.) Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.