Skip to main content

I am relisting items changing from auction to fixed price. All the revisions from auction to fixed price are in the scheduled listings back as auctions. I just caught it on my third batch of 50. I redid this batch three times and couldn't believe my eyes. I went to the scheduled listings and all the changes I made are null.

itsjustme or is it?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As an update, I have heard from support and provided clarification. Then ear this am I provided examples as further clarification. I was itt was fixed.

Following is the note from auctiva:

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Just for clarification, you may only change Auction style to fixed price in the bulk relist-->edit.

There was an issue with the functionality on the day we rolled out the last site update on Tuesday, in which some items were unsuccessful.

If you have tested this today, and there is still items acting this way, please provide me two examples of Auction Style listings in your closed which reflect this, and I will review those two for you.

Thank you
Auctiva Support

I checked again...still not fixed provided more examples.

BE AWARE THAT BULK EDITING LISTINGS AND CHANGING FROM AUCTION TO FIXED WILL RESULT IN AUCTIONS BEING RELISTED AND NOT CHANGING. THIS IS A BIG EXPENSE.
Me too. I am so pissed!

Isn't this a pain in the #@& ? I swear, Auctiva has such great intentions but the site is just a total waste of time. It ROBS me of my time, sanity/moods, and MONEY, constantly, due to programming ERRORS that they IGNORE, even when you bring it to their attention. OK, they're busy people doing a confusing thing. So why don't they just hire more people and get it RIGHT for ONCE.

I just now logged in here to see if anyone else is having the problem that I just noticed. I had four mugs at auction LAST week. All ended w/ no bids so last night I went into my closed listings here on Auctiva, clicked "edit", checked 4 boxes ONE-BY-ONE to make them "fixed price", put in the BIN prices, and clicked them to schedule today, 2 hours apart. Well guess what Auctiva did? They put them at AUCTION AGAIN. DUH!!!!! Now that is robbing my time, money, and SANITY. I'm so SICK of their errors it ain't funny anymore, totally. UGH!!!!!!!
We need to start our own community called itsjustUS.

I am very tired and very frustrated over this and the happenings of the past week. So many failed listings (rework), the editor and now the time and cost involved from the bulk editor not working.

This week I realized I have to preview every single ad to make sure the verbiage in the description is visible. On many of the dark templates the descriptions don't show so I manually change the color font. It often doesn't even work to paste into and out of notepad.

Support just told me to create the ads in the editor. I have my own templates I use and modify and then copy. It has become a horribly protracted process and I absolutely cannot create the ads in the editor. As I recall it still doesn't always work for you.

I wonder if everyone has left Auctiva because of the cost and the issues. I hate to always complain but this is a service and it is failing.
Hi,
Can we join the itsjustUS community?

We too are having huge problems with creating listings. We sell art and need to copy and paste biographical information onto new listings. We do a new first paragraph and then copy and paste the bio as a second paragraph and then change the colour font. Everything looks OK and we go out of the listing, return several times to add extra info like shipping cost etc. When it is time to list, the description still looks OK, but when we preview, there is a huge gap between the lst and 2nd paragraph, or the first paragraph has disappeared and reappeared at the very bottom in a different colour. We have to cut and paste it back up to the top and change the colour about 3 times before we can preview and it looks OK!

We should not have to retype the bio every time we want to list something by the same artist. Also it doesn't happen only when cutting and pasting from a listing created on the old editor, it happens when we have made a new listing and copied part of it to another new listing on the same day using the new editor.

Listing has become a total nightmare lately!
I too have some of these issues, not all, but a lot of the ones that ntrichdick has. YOu see it one way in preview and go back and letters will be micro-mini 2nd time you look. Sometimes the paratraph will be way down.

Itsjustme I have the color font issue and have to go in and change if I use a colored template to get the text to match. These problems I thought.. well, its just me (then remembered itjustme is YOU). So I will be itsjustmetoo!

Auctiva, these are real problems, mine come and go (or maybe I ignore some of them).

Doing each listing fresh from scratch is a waste of time since a lot of the time there is only one minor change to make.

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY?_rdc=1
Hi again,

It seems to us that the main problems we are having is with cutting and pasting. If we do a new listing from scratch, where we don't already have a bio on the artist, we have no problems. If we cut and past a photo into the text of the item description from an external source, that doesn't seem to cause the same problems with the paragraphs moving to the bottom, although sometimes there is a large gap under the pasted photo.

We can understand that pasting previous text created with the old editor may cause problems, but it shouldn't when created with the new one AND IT DOES!

What we can't understand is why we are having these problems and they don't seem to be affecting many other users. Surely most users must reuse text from old listings? Is it something we are doing wrong?

We had another problem on Sunday, where the text looked OK in the editor, but on preview there was a huge gap between the first two paragraphs. How can you put it right, when there is no gap in the editor? In the end we had keep saving it until the gap appeared and then close it. It all takes so much time.

Also, when we were trying to put the paragraph that had gone to the very bottom of the listing back up to the top where it had started, every time we put the cursor at the top and selected BOLD, it didn't work. We always select BOLD and then the colour. Perhaps this is wrong? Who knows?
I am trying to relist an item that is showing in my closed items. It lets me go through all the steps to do it but when I go to submit for relisting, I get a message that says I can't do it because the item has been deleted. I didn't delete it and it shows up in my closed items. How can I get around this so that I can relist without having to re-do the entire listing? Thanks for any help you can offer!
Last edited by auctivatonym
quote:
Originally posted by frostracing67:
I am trying to relist an item that is showing in my closed items. It lets me go through all the steps to do it but when I go to submit for relisting, I get a message that says I can't do it because the item has been deleted. I didn't delete it and it shows up in my closed items. How can I get around this so that I can relist without having to re-do the entire listing? Thanks for any help you can offer!
Suggest you check how old the listing is that you are trying to relist. eBay deletes listings 90 days after they end, so you can't relist them any more after that...would need to pull up the saved listing you have in your Auctiva account and list that again as a new listing...not a relist.

Hope that helps.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.