Skip to main content

Smile

Today, one customer took the liberty of changing their shipping from $4.55 to $2.00. So hmm... that's the downfall of letting customers edit the shipping cost, I guess.

So I sent an email to the customer asking how they would like the item to be shipped. It sure can't be shipped for $2.00. I'm curious to hear what they have to say. They have not responded.

But on to my stupidity -

As I was going through today's sales, I bulk emailed customers telling them that their items would be shipped tomorrow... including that customer. And I also left bulk positive feedback... including that customer.

Duh!

I can't wait to see how this one turns out!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Really? You think I should ship it?

After I sent the email saying that the item would be shipped, I emailed them immediately and said that it was sent in error.

If I had made a mistake on the listing and it had come up as $2 for the customer, I would just send it on its way and take the loss. But this is different.

And I still haven't heard from them, either.
Yeah, you probably should just ship it. That'll save you the possible grief if them complaining to eBay (or gunning for you in the future). After all, they have your positive feedback and an e-mail saying their item would be shipped the next day.

By the way, cav, if it's set so that buyers can't edit their totals, are they still able to tack on extra money for any other reason if they need to?
Well, that is just lame. Okay, I'll send it. I still think they are cheaters. Smile

What goes around, comes around, so I suppose they will get ripped off someday to make up for this.

Hopefully they won't get all po'ed anyway, since I do advertise shipping within 1 business day, and 1 business day would have been today. Oh well.

I think it is fishy that they still haven't emailed me back. Hopefully they just aren't out to cause trouble.
quote:
By the way, cav, if it's set so that buyers can't edit their totals, are they still able to tack on extra money for any other reason if they need to?

Yes. In-fact perfect example from Friday. Buyer pays for item, forgets to upgrade to Priority. Sends my $3.00 via Paypal by using my email address. That's how I've worked it. Never had a problem or complaint, and I don't have to worry about checking-up on wether or not people are editing the totals.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.