Skip to main content

I am ready to dump Auctiva and go back to turbolister because I can't seam to get a decent size picture in my listings. I upload and edit to Picasa and then select the 1024 size to export to Auctiva. One there, I upload them and then they are not large and there is no detail. Even when you click "supersize" the images remain small. Very frustrating, It is hurting my sales. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi!
I just checked a few of your uploaded images in your account, and it appears that they are quite small in size. I don't know if your camera setting is making them so small, or if you are resizing them down in Picasa before uploading them into your Auctiva account. Our uploader will automatically resize some images during the upload process if they are too large, but not that much. If you can take larger images, then they will be larger in your listings.

Some of the photos I looked at in your account were for a dress and many were around 25-30KB and 350px x400px, which is very small. And when they are that small, of course they cannot be "supersized" very much when people click on them in your listing on eBay (mine average around 100-150KB and 800px x 1024px.)

See if you can make some adjustments and have your images saved at a larger size before uploading. That should solve your problem with the images being too small once uploaded.

If you still need help, feel free to contact our Customer Support. Good luck!
Hi cathyn518,

The max image size that we can display as a supersize image is 1280 x 1024 pixels. You can upload an image that is some bigger and it will be automatically downsized to 1280 x 1024. If you can, keep your picture file size to 1 MB or less. You can achieve that by using pics of no larger than the pixel dimensions I just gave along with your JPEG set to 72ppi (pixels per inch) resolution. Keep the 'quality' setting of the JPEG on the low side.

If you have a recent digital camera, most if not all the above can be achieved by selecting one of the small jpeg sizes available from your camera menu. Models vary, so you will have to read your manual, and maybe experiment a little.

The above numbers for the pics you upload are not absolute...it's more of an 'ballpark' to aim for. You can go some bigger on your picture files and the resizing on our site will take care of downsizing. But, best results can be obtained by staying close to the site display maximum as I just explained.

Hope this helps.
Here is picture related question... When I load pictures sometimes onto auctiva they look fuzzy especially small patterns such as checks. However, when put on ebay most of these photos look fine? (forever I was re-doing photos) Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to avoid it so we can see what they will load as??

Am obviously not a photographer, just thought I would ask.

Thanks
That's called moire and there is a very technical reason for it. Do a Google search if you want to find out more.

Short answer is that I don't know for sure why that is happening. You do a lot of clothing items with checked patterns, and that's the kind of image where moire shows up. Could be in your camera's image compression, could be in the way our site displays. You might try increasing your jpeg quality setting a little on your camera or software you use for editing. Not sure if that will help, but it might.

As long as your pics show up in your listing OK when they post to eBay...that's whats important, right?
Hi,
The easiest way to place full-size versions of your images within your listing is to enter your images directly into the description editor on the listing creation page instead of using the Auctiva Image Selection section.

On the description editor toolbar, locate and click the button with a mountain/sun icon named "Insert An Auctiva Hosted Image." When you add an image to the description using this button, it will appear in its original size based on the maximum size selected in your Account Preferences (up to 1280 x 1024 or 1920 x 1440 px) and will not have a "Click to view supersized image" link.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.