Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi leo lee,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. The Auctiva scrolling gallery code is designed specifically to work on eBay listing pages and the links in the scrolling gallery will not work properly if you add the scrolling gallery HTML code that available under the “Gallery” tab within your account directly to your eBay store page.

However, if you would like to add your scrolling gallery to your eBay store page, you should be able to get it working properly by making a small change to the scrolling gallery code. Specifically, you would need to replace the following Javascript:

&baseurl='+escape(location.href.substring(0, location.href.lastIndexOf('/') + 1))

with an apostrophe:

'

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, or if I misunderstood the nature of your inquiry, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team for further assistance by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
I cut and pasted the Gallery HTML and added it to my my revised ebay description, substituting the apostrophe for the indicated line of code. When I display my listing, it just shows the long line of HTML code but no Gallery. I have another listing that has the gallery because the template I used must have had it. I tried copying the HTML code from that listing into the one with no gallery. Again it just shows the html in the listing.
Hi lennon,

I'm sorry about the confusion surrounding this matter. First of all, it is only necessary to make the substitution I mentioned in my reply to the original poster's message *if* you are adding the scrolling gallery to a web page that is not an eBay listing, such as an eBay store (as he mentioned) or a site that it not affiliated with eBay.

Since you are attempting to add the scrolling gallery to an eBay listing by adding the scrolling gallery HTML manually, you should be able to paste the scrolling gallery code that is available under the “Gallery” tab within your account into the description HTML of the listing without having to make any changes to the code.

Since you are seeing the code itself in the listing in question (as opposed to the gallery), it sounds like you must have pasted the scrolling gallery code into the description editor's “Standard” mode instead of “HTML” mode. If you click the “HTML” tab on the editor on the eBay Revise your Item form and then paste in your scrolling gallery HTML, you should see the gallery once you have saved your changes.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab on our site and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.