Skip to main content

Alright this may seems like a stupid question...But here it goes...Can I use Auctiva as my primary image host and cancel image hosting with ebay? (save the fees)
Thanks for any help...And for anybody with advice on how I can improve my listings or store please check it out...I appreciate any help or advice even criticism...Thanks again
My Store
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Guinness1,

Yes, Auctiva offers complete image hosting. You can select up to 16 images that you have hosted with Auctiva to be in your auction on the listing creation page.

Your auctions look like you've put some good time into them, with good description and images. You may want to try one of the templates on our site to give your auctions a little more of a graphic touch. Also, you might want to put the image higher up in the description so that it's one of the first things a buyer sees.

-Kevin
I too would like to give up ebays image hosting. I would like an easy way to convert my listings. I don't know if there is some easy way that I don't know about?

Auctive chose some of my listings to make a new listing from, but not all of them. I am really new, and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

I just want a way to stop using ebays image hosting, without having to recreate all my listings in Auctiva.
Kbrown - you can go into your auctions and manually change this information; but it definitely is not easy.

1) You will need your pics uploaded to Auctiva
2) You will need the URL of the pic to put into your auction listing.
3) You need to decide the placement of the pics and make sure you correctly enter the HTML

If you are not familiar with HTML coding, I would suggest redoing them in Auctiva once they have ended; then re-uploading to ebay. This may seem like alot of work - but trust me changing the coding manually will be much harder.
Hi, Thank you so much for your response. I really don't relish doing them either way. Redoing each from scratch is just as bad as changing the pictures.

I really think that this is an issue that Auctiva needs to deal with. I found it so easy to convert the few listings that it picked to allow me to copy, or whatever it did. Auctiva took a few of my auctions and allowed me to creat a profile or copy them or whatever. That worked so well. It should not be that hard to enable that feature for any listing.

Anyway, thanks again for your response!
Hi, Support doesn't seem to have a clue. I don't think they really even comprehend the problem. It seems they think that you list an item and it sells, and then as you list new items you start them through Auctiva and everything's easy.

They don't seem to realize that if you have a store, you have many listings that can be listed for months. And, how difficult it is to change all the images manually or recreating them from scratch.

I hope that something can be worked out!
FYI to anyone who imports there current auctions to re-list ... if you are using pics in your listing, you will have to redo completely if you want the pics to be inserted correctly. I have been going back to REDO imported listings since the pics used do not show being in active listings. Since they are not active per se - it will add them again.

This is only if you are using the feature that adds your pics in the description area, not at the bottom. If you are using the showcase, and you do not redo the listings - they will show up as pic unavailable.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.