Skip to main content

It is so annoying!!! Every time I do a new listing, whither I do all new or choose "create similar"; at the "select an image" I have to resort EVERY TIME!!! Not only do I need to choose the folder I want I have to choose "sort by, ascending, and click off show images in active listings". When I list I usually am doing it from the same folder and want all the criteria the same. It did not used to be like this; it would hold what I chose the previous listing, hopefully there is a change coming? It is so annoying! Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with the earlier postings. I liked it better before when it automatically went back to the folder you chose from previously. It is a absolute pain in the butt having to choose the folder again for each listing. Usually my listings (from the same day) are coming out of the same folder, and I have quite a few.
Is there anyway to change this? It's adding extra, unnecessary time.
It worked just fine before. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Nicole
I'll check this out this week. It should be remembering your "most recent" settings each time you open up the image selector.

Although there are some settings that are defined in your account settings. Make sure you've got those set as you want, as those will override everything else everytime the image selector opens up.

-Kevin
Since I did not hear from anyone for sometime I sent Support an email and they report this was not a present feature. It is so frustrating when you guys don't read what I (we) write. THIS FEATURE was okay until you did the upgrade. What ever folder I was working with would hold until I closed Auctiva; but now it defaults back to "All Folders". Yes I have my account settings set as usual. I can't believe you have so few messages on this; am I and "nnnrae" the only ones experiencing this?
Unfortunately I have the same problem. Every time the same procedure of choosing the folder. Moreover, there is one thing that is even more annoying. When I create similar listing and change the pictures still eBay Header and Gallery Image pictures remain from previous post. So every time i have to choose them manually. Several times I forget to do it and item was posted with wrong Gallery and wrong ebay header images. Is is a BUG or a FEATURE?
quote:
When I create similar listing and change the pictures still eBay Header and Gallery Image pictures remain from previous post. So every time i have to choose them manually. Several times I forget to do it and item was posted with wrong Gallery and wrong ebay header images. Is is a BUG or a FEATURE?

This is just the way it is since the new features were added. The benefit is that it allows you to use a gallery or header image that's not used in the rest of your listing.

Hopefully, though, they'll eventually make it so that it automatically defaults to the first picture.
Hey Rick,
Again thanks for being an avid reader. I quoted "all" they say! Nothing else offered.

I was a bit sarcastic in responding to support and they sent me back this: "Hello, No we do not copy and paste responses. last folder selected is a topic on the next site planing meeting which takes place tomorrow
"

SOOOOO, the good news is ?they know what I am talking about? (I think).

I am going to follow your suggestion anyway and reference this tread.

If there are others reading this and you too are have same difficulty lets hear from ya!!!!
Heard back from support:

I wrote: (Okay, it's now Wed., so by now you have had your meeting and "MAYBE" something is being said about this bug? Give me an update on what's the "Proposed Solution" if you might? As of this am it is still occurring as reported. My selections are not holding but defaulting back to YOUR settings. Thanks and hope to hear about a resolution soon.)

This was supports response:
John - Posted Thursday, 7/13/2006 3:12:23 PM:
(We have not heard back from the developers regarding this issue. It will be resolved as soon as possible. We are grateful for you patience. Please let us know if you have any other questions.)
-------------------------
It is just nice to know it's not ME!!!!!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.