Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Do you have the eBay toolbar? That's loaded with spyware and will cease some functions from loading in?

It seems like we had someone post a similar problem ages ago on the board...I can't remember the solution but will look for it later.

Try getting all of your files gone..even the temp and dat files.

I use CCleaner and IEasyCleaner

http://www.topshareware.com/IEasy-Cleaner-download-14473.htm

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Be sure to file a customer help ticket...the link is in my sig. Perhaps they have a faster solution.

Good Luck,
Donna
(nice to see you cotmyeye!)
Thanks for the replies.
1. I've not tried either of the other uploaders yet - I don't like downloading stuff unless i really have to.
2. I have the Netcraft Toolbar - never caused problems previously.
3. I have't got the Ebay Toolbar.
4. I regularly use Crap Cleaner and Clean Cache, so hopefully there should'nt be anything lurking around to cause problems.
5. I'll file a customer help ticket as suggested.

Thanks for the advice.

Polybear.
quote:
Originally posted by polybear:
Thanks for the replies.
1. I've not tried either of the other uploaders yet - I don't like downloading stuff unless i really have to.
2. I have the Netcraft Toolbar - never caused problems previously.
3. I have't got the Ebay Toolbar.
4. I regularly use Crap Cleaner and Clean Cache, so hopefully there should'nt be anything lurking around to cause problems.
5. I'll file a customer help ticket as suggested.

Thanks for the advice.

Polybear.

Evenin,
I've never heard of Netcraft..(I'm googling right now)What I meant by toolbars are the yahoo, eBay, etc that track your moves.

Netcraft sounds interesting..either it's loved or hated and it's debated highly whether or not is reports your moves.

Here's what I found in regards to some of the sites it can block: (and who knows it could be blocking the pop up window of Auctiva..I hope this solves your problem)

You may have to click the "Edit Options..." button that appears at the top of the page and add the site you want to use.

I don't know if that helps or not. I can only hope that it works for you.

My Best,
Donna
Thanks for the replies.
I tried uninstalling the Netcraft Toolbar on IE - this had no effect (Netcraft, incidentally, is a Toolbar that gives an indication of the risk of a website, based on known data. I've never had a problem with it & installed it after a recommendation from a pc security book).
Then I tried disabling my Zonealarm internet security suite (this is the full package, not just a Firewall). Guess what? Now I can download Images!!
Only one problem - I can't run with my Zonealarm disabled, so what can I do?
Thanks.

Polybear.
Here's the answer:
With the Auctiva website open in your internet browser, do the following in Zonealarm:

1. Select the PRIVACY Tab. Ensure the "Site List" option is selected.
2. Look down the list of sites until you see www.auctiva.com.
3. Right-click on the pencil displayed in the "Edited" column. Left-click on "Options".
4. Left-click on the "Ad Blocking" header.
5. Untick the box marked "Banner/Skyscraper Ads", followed by Apply & OK.

This then allows Image Uploading using the Basic HTML Uploader. Thanks for the help everyone - couldn't have done it without you.

Polybear.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.