Skip to main content

I've been selling on eBay F/T, for a LIVING for 13 years now. I have an eBay store with all KINDS of things...antiques, collectibles, toys, name it. 20 categories and I don't know how many sub-categories. I usually sell anywhere between $250 (on a terrible week) to $700/wk.

Well, I've SOLD $40 in the past 7 days. (then you can minus my fees too - I'm SURE I'm in the red red red red this week!) This has only been since Auctiva's great "outage". I'm wondering if eBay's computers are glitching on Auctiva listings, or what? Something is VERY amiss here. Ain't NO WAY that the economy is all of a sudden this bad when I have GREAT BARGAINS to be found, have lowered my prices across the board, run sales, best offers, free shipping, etc.

I am also a Power Seller and Top-Rated Seller (TSR), w/ 99.9% FB.

HELP. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one. This is absurd. I am not treading water, but I am drowning RIGHT NOW. I feel like crying!! (and I am)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Womandi, I have to give people who are making full time living here a SUPER HAND. I could not do it!

Sales are down, but for me they are every summer. This week has been ok but nothing to write home about but I have learned to expect very little in summer. It is hard to truck away working at this for such little piddly stuff during summer. (I do find if I have to leave town & do not put the store on vacation all of a sudden I sell to - so usually have to limit time I am gone or close store which I did do several times this summer because of family issues)

I guess you could say I live for the Holidays!

Hopefully things will bounce back in the economy and on the bay!

We all have those crying days for sure!
Thank you both for your support, but still, something's not right. Never, ever in my life have I had sales this nil. I was panicking when it showed $150 in 7 days, then the next day it dropped to around $75/7 days, then $50/7 days, now $40/7 days, tomorrow it might be reading $0/7 days. I have almost 500 items in my store! And NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD WANTS ANY OF IT?? There must be a software/hardware glitch somewhere! I cannot live like this. This is impossible.

Collection*Selection Store
There is no glitch. I will tell you something I have noticed though. The search function on ebay is all screwy.

It is not working properly. for example: If you enter a word with out a apostrophe in it then it wont show up properly. It did not use to be this way.

I am also a power seller and top rated with almost 10,000 feedback. Sales have slowed tremendously. I also have just over 500 items in my store

If i wasnt listing at least 5 items a day I also would be in very low sales.

Keep in mind times have changed. What I could sell a year ago I can no longer sell. Its just out of style for the new generation

My sales would range around 2200-2500 a month and now they have slowly decreased to around 1200-1500. I also do this for a living but have been doing it so long that I know I must find something different to list to pick sales up

The competition is much more challenging now. It is what it is
Hi - just wondering if anyone had checked their traffic reports? I really hardly ever check them but did on a whim today. I was surprised that on mine traffic was way quite less than 1/2 of what it was in July of this year. My inventory has not changed that much, but wondered if others had checked theirs. I do not know how accurate it is, but figure it may be a guide.
My sales have cut in half over the last 3 weeks, and I am at my highest inventory level ever. Something is really wrong with the e-bay seacrh. I have notcied it also. They are always changing things. They are going to ruin a great site if they continue to make bad decisions reguarding changes. I am wondering if they made too many changes and messed up their site.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.