Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi sherrif12345,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. We have seen some cases over the past couple days in which the thumbnail images that are displayed in the scrolling gallery were not generated automatically and our technical team is currently working to resolve that problem as soon as possible.

However, I am not aware of any issues on our side of things that would cause the main images that are showing within the descriptions of your listings not to be displayed so I believe there may be (or have been) something on your end that is blocking them from loading.

I see that you have already filed a support case about this issue and they we have run a command to create your scrolling gallery images that were missing. If you are still unable to see the main images in your listings, please follow up with us through that case and we will be happy to continue working with you on that.

-Mike
Add me to the list with problems. I get a warning that my McAfee has blocked part of Auctiva (pics I think) as being a Risky Connection. I get the same warning when I check my listings on eBay and only the main pic shows, nothing in the description.

This just started today for me using Safari. When I check eBay with IE9, no warning but no pics. Firefox everything is OK.
"Thank you Mike,seems to be fixed! Tahnks for your quick response! Smile"Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi sherrif12345,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. We have seen some cases over the past couple days in which the thumbnail images that are displayed in the scrolling gallery were not generated automatically and our technical team is currently working to resolve that problem as soon as possible.

However, I am not aware of any issues on our side of things that would cause the main images that are showing within the descriptions of your listings not to be displayed so I believe there may be (or have been) something on your end that is blocking them from loading.

I see that you have already filed a support case about this issue and they we have run a command to create your scrolling gallery images that were missing. If you are still unable to see the main images in your listings, please follow up with us through that case and we will be happy to continue working with you on that.

-Mike[/QUOTE]
Had the same thing with McAfee last night about the risky connection being blocked and now my photos in current listings, scrolling gallery and many in Auctiva's Manage Images are missing. I have filed a support ticket. Sure hope this is fixed promptly as my listings look terrible. Strange thing is though, the listing's photos do show up in the optional Ebay images under the gallery photo, just not within the listing.
quote:
Originally posted by DLOHO:
Add me to the list with problems. I get a warning that my McAfee has blocked part of Auctiva (pics I think) as being a Risky Connection. I get the same warning when I check my listings on eBay and only the main pic shows, nothing in the description.

This just started today for me using Safari. When I check eBay with IE9, no warning but no pics. Firefox everything is OK.
Hi Community,

Thank you all for participating in this discussion. We have started to receive a number of reports of this nature over the past day or so but there does not appear to be anything amiss with our image hosting service that would explain why you are unable to see the Auctiva hosted images at this time.

Based on the research we have done so far, we believe that McAfee is blocking at least some images hosted by our site in error, which is something their software has done a number of times over the past few months for other sites, and unfortunately I am uncertain whether we will be able to do anything about that.

Our technical team is looking into what we can do to alert McAfee of the issue but, we also encourage anyone seeing this behavior to contact their Customer Support team and request assistance with the issue as well.

We apologize for the difficulties, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
The problem is if we have Mcafee we can call technical help and try to get it sorted on our own computers. For us the main issue is that our sales figures have dropped drastically. Visitors to ebay who have Mcafee installed are having as much trouble viewing our images as we are, and of course they are not buying because of this! Very worrying.
I contacted McAfee on Thursday and after they had me disable Netguard in the McAfee firewall, all my photos are now showing up in both Auctiva and on my eBay listings. Prior to fixing this, I had no watchers and only 1 bid on 34 items. At least I now have some watchers on my auctions. No photos equates to no sales on eBay. If you are having this problem and have McAfee Total Protection, try disabling Netguard in the Firewall. McAfee told me not to worry, it is an add-on to their regular protection and won't make us any more vulnerable if it is disabled.
Steps to do this:
(1)Open McAfee by clicking on the icon in far right bottom corner of your screen.
(2)Click on "Firewall"; then click on "Settings" to the right
(3)Click on the down arrow for "Netguard"
(4)Uncheck box "Turn on Netguard" to disable it.

This solved my problem and hope it works for you too!

quote:
Originally posted by VintageTea:
The problem is if we have Mcafee we can call technical help and try to get it sorted on our own computers. For us the main issue is that our sales figures have dropped drastically. Visitors to ebay who have Mcafee installed are having as much trouble viewing our images as we are, and of course they are not buying because of this! Very worrying.
I've been battling with them for a week now. It's hurt sales....my photos are only "X" thumbnails. I have an Ebay rep and they state that this is a KNOWN Auctiva problem only...not McAfee. I also have to try 10 times just to upload photos to a listing...with the same "X" so I know it's them.

It's all well and fine that we disable our McAfee so WE can view our OWN LISTINGS...but remember that the world will not not know why it's happening and will move on to another seller. If today's fix does not work, I, and many, many others will be moving on to another listing company...
Hi Community,

Thanks for continuing to keep us posted on the behavior you are seeing. Our technical team has been in touch with McAfee about this issue and, while we have not received any specific details about exactly why some McAfee users are encountering this problem nor when it may be resolved, we are doing our best to urge them to address the problem as soon as possible.

As some contributors have pointed out, McAfee's support team has been able to help some users who were seeing this behavior resolve the problem on their computers by making adjustments within the McAfee software, but we realize that does not ease concerns that some perspective buyers may be unable to see certain images due to this issue.

I will keep you all posted through this thread as any additional information about this situation becomes available. For now, I still feel it would be a good idea for anyone experiencing this that has not done to contact McAfee and let them know your images are being blocked.

If you are not using McAfee are still in need of assistance, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab on our site and selecting the “File Support Case” option. You should not be impacted by this issue, but we will be happy to work with you and see what we can do to help.

-Mike
Hi All

Over a week now with images not showing up in any listings on Ebay for those of us who use Auctive to list and where the Ebay customer has Mcafee installed.

Mcafee customer services finally confirm today to me that there is a problem with Mcafee blocking images to the extent where Ebay customers just see white boxes where our photographs should beFrown

They say the problem will be fixed with the next update but they have no date for the next update or even a rough idea of when it might be.

With sales being so badly affected I'm not sure what we can do other than wait for this update.
Mcafee used to be a top notch product years ago now sadly is has fallen many notches.

there are several free packages that have excellent reviews and most real experts say they are all that is needed. Most packages like Mcafee are bloated and tend to cause more issues than they prevent

the packages that the experts recommend are AVast; Avira; and Microsoft's SME.

below is from a perosn Fred langa who has more than 30 years exepecience in PCs. It is the only newsletter I apy for that is how highly regared he is by the tech World

"To make the selections, I used popularity ratings from several sources, such as the download stats and user ratings from CNET, MajorGeeks, and other sites. (The rankings and numbers in the list below were current at the time of writing.) I also gave extra weight to products frequently mentioned by readers and other authors in the Windows Secrets newsletter as well as tools that looked especially promising (as you'll soon see).

Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentials (site): Because I've recommended Microsoft's consumer anti-malware application in previous stories, I've made it the baseline for these tests.

Avast Free Antivirus (site): Avast claims its package is the "world's most popular antivirus." CNET also ranks it #1 on its download list.

Avira Free Antivirus (site): It ranked #2 among CNET users, and it scored an impressive 4.7 out of 5 rating on MajorGeeks.

AVG Technologies' AVG Anti-Virus Free (site): The publisher of this app says it's used by "over 100 million people." CNET ranks it at #6 in popularity.

Comodo Antivirus (site): Comodo gets very high users rating on both MajorGeeks and CNET.

ClamWin Free Antivirus (site): Not as well known as the other AV packages, ClamWin is unique; it's a free, open-source software project released under the Free Software Foundation's GNU General Public License.

(site): Because I've recommended Microsoft's consumer anti-malware application in previous stories, I've made it the baseline for these tests.

Avast Free Antivirus (site): Avast claims its package is the "world's most popular antivirus." CNET also ranks it #1 on its download list.

Avira Free Antivirus (site): It ranked #2 among CNET users, and it scored an impressive 4.7 out of 5 rating on MajorGeeks.

AVG Technologies' AVG Anti-Virus Free (site): The publisher of this app says it's used by "over 100 million people." CNET ranks it at #6 in popularity.

Comodo Antivirus (site): Comodo gets very high users rating on both MajorGeeks and CNET.

ClamWin Free Antivirus (site): Not as well known as the other AV packages, ClamWin is unique; it's a free, open-source software project released under the Free Software Foundation's GNU General Public License.

The bottom line: My conclusions — and yours

For me — for now — nothing in these numbers would alter my recommendation — and personal use — of Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, it's in widespread use, and it has proven itself in the real world. And on most systems, it has little effect on system resources.

That said, no software is ideally suited for every configuration. If one anti-malware tool doesn't work well on your specific setup, then it makes perfect sense to try some other AV app. You have lots of options.

I hope the performance numbers I've reported may help steer you to the tool that offers what you seek — faster boot and shutdown, lower RAM use, and smaller footprint."
quote:
Originally posted by VintageTea:
Hi All

Over a week now with images not showing up in any listings on Ebay for those of us who use Auctive to list and where the Ebay customer has Mcafee installed.

Mcafee customer services finally confirm today to me that there is a problem with Mcafee blocking images to the extent where Ebay customers just see white boxes where our photographs should beFrown

They say the problem will be fixed with the next update but they have no date for the next update or even a rough idea of when it might be.

With sales being so badly affected I'm not sure what we can do other than wait for this update.

Hi VintageTea,

I'm glad to hear they are finally acknowledging that they do have a problem. Our IT team has been in touch with McAfee ever since this was first reported, but they haven't communicated to us if (or when) an update would take place for a fix.

Could you please post a reply to your open support case about this and include the ticket or help number you had for McAfee? We'll keep pushing on them to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Not sure why they aren't giving it the attention it needs, and we understand our users frustration.

Any actual customer cases we can present to them will help put an end to this problem sooner (we hope.) They should know it's a big deal! If anyone else experiences this problem with McAfee, please contact their tech support (looks like they have several avenues for help) and then send us the ticket/help number they give you (if any) via our Customer Support Request.

Thank you for your help! Thank you too Ed for your post--very informative!
Hi

Posted my ticket number in my open case.

Mcafee chat is the quickest way to report the phone line is at least 30 mintues on hold. Emails to Mcafee Lab do not get replied to.

You have to really push Mcafee to get them to take on board that the problem is not fixed as they suggest by turning off Netguard, as yes we can do that so that we can list etc but our customers won't know to do that so that they can view our listings!. The keep suggesting that the customers phone for an individual fix! They have no idea of the scale of the problem.

With the reports to Mcafee you get stuck in a loop - they say they have no date for the next update then they email (automated) and ask you to close the case. The only way to keep the case open is to follow the link back to chat.... and so it goes on.

The problem Auctiva has with this is that how many of your customers will actually come across this thread? - I would suggest the VAST majority don't even know there's a problem although word is slowly spreading among the ebay community.

Unless we get a date for the next Mcafee update there is no way we can remain with Auctiva as our listings are next to invisible on Ebay.
That is always the risk of upgrading too quickly. If what you have works stay with it. 16.0 is a perfect example. It was released yet there was a huge Security "hole" that caused it to be removed and the .1 version uploaded so quickly. I would suggest even when a software package says there is a new version that you postpone at least for a week or 2 (so others can get "the arrows in the back" from being too quick to upgrade). You might try Google Chrome as it is a lot faster than IE
I am confused...if upgrading to quickly and I am assuming, McAfee for this particular instance as suggested, how can we tell potential buyers not to upgrade fast??? We have no control over them...unless I am totally missing something here.

OR if upgrade refers to itsjustme post...I assume they did not do the upgrade she/he is referring to auctiva upgrade earlier this week, since she mentioned it was out 4 hours, which again not sure we control their upgrades.

Quite confused on upgrade mention, as sure do not want to do anything that hinders buyers.

Thanks
sorry I meant FireFox. I wait weeks to upgrade that. As I said if what you have is working then why upgrade? If on the other hand you are having problems than of course when the fix is available you would upgrade. Companies like firebox have a new version almost every week. while that may work for them for users it can cause constant problems as they are constantly being the "1st ones on the block" to try something. For example if Mcafee has a new version that fixes the incompatibility then on course one would upgrade to that. As to customers we have no control over them as you say. Are we sure that a listing once it has the pictures uploaded has a problem being viewed by a customer. Or is the problem only when trying to upload the pictures?
I don't have McAfee, and just now some of my gallery pictures are not showing up.
Here is what I get when I click on the details:

There's a problem with your Gallery picture

There's a problem with your Gallery picture. Sometimes this problem resolves itself within 24 hours without you doing anything. Below are the 3 different ways you can try to fix it now:

Go to the Fix your Gallery picture page, and click the Create button.
If you want to use a different picture for your Gallery picture, revise your item to add a different picture.
If fixing your Gallery picture doesn't solve the problem, please contact eBay Customer Support and give them this Gallery error code: 6
Yes, I am also having this ridiculous problem. I do not have McAfee anywhere at all on my computer and I don't feel I should be frustrated or responsible for these issues. I pay Auctiva for a service and if they can't fix the problem with McAfee, so that my listings show up on Ebay properly then I am at a lost. Unfortunately I and many others will no longer be able to keep doing our listings through Auctiva.
Well, I do have McAfee and so far (knock on wood) see not problems from a listing standpoint. I have checked my own items on my iphone randomly and so far no problem...(that is not so say I have none - did random check). That sure does NOT mean my customers do not have a problem.

Unfortunately, this is same with ebay issues, we are asked to call them, write them, hound them, etc., when the issue is between auctiva and ebay OR in this case auctiva and McAfee. With ebay/auctiva each blames the other and we are monkeys in the middle going back & forth. While we can call and gripe till the cows come home...this is between 2 parties. Ebay has said it is auctiva issue auctiva said it is McAfee. (obviously it is not ebay since is only happening with Auctiva users)
I doubt seriously that McAfee would even talk to someone who does not have their service much less consider a complaint. I sure don't want someone particularly to write me and say, I bought this coffee pot from someone else, I have a problem with it will you take care of it. I am sure not going to jump through hoops for someone who is not my customer, figure McAfee will not either.

From the sound of things..they are not going to jump through hoops for those who are their customers.

Sounds like we are on a merry-go-round and only 2 people have the stop buttons!
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.