Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Barry,

YES site is down there are about 4 or 5 threads of aggravation on this.. with MANY entries from aggravated fans (or NOT fans right now). Mad

Auctiva has not acknowledged that they are aware there is problem? I would think someone could get on forums and announce issue it has been going on for HOURS now.

Just go to FIND and click to NEW SINCE OUR LAST VISIT and scroll down there are several subject titles on this in case you want to read any of them.
New Update @ 8:43 PM

Auctiva users,

As you may have already noticed, Auctiva.com is currently unavailable.

We've had a hardware failure that we're working on resolving as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we do not yet have an estimate on when the site will come back online.

Check either Auctiva.com directly or this thread for updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. We have redundant systems and very extensive processes that aim to minimize the risk of outages like this one, but no system is bulletproof.

We're doing everything in our power to restore the site ASAP, and we won't stop until that's been done.

Rest assured that your data is safe and secure and will be available as soon as the site is back up. If you had listings scheduled to post to eBay during the outage, please verify they were posted once you're able to log back in.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Robert Green
Communications Team
Been out for over 13 hours now. I have been selling items to customers who have turned up in person, but I may be in a lot of trouble when Auctiva goes back on-line, - if I discover that other on-line purchased products that have been paid for, - are no longer available. Whilst I do not wish to knock Auctiva, who in my opinion do pretty good job all in all, but it would be nice to know that this 'outage' is nearly resolved or at least an expected time of resolve - very difficult, but I do believe 100% that they will be working their socks off to get to the bottom of this....I just really hope this is not one of these malicious hacker morons, that send poisonous viruses into the systems of corporations for no good cause, other than 'just because they can'... Looks bad though, as it is taking this long so far.....Good luck Auctiva - but please give us some updates and time expectations.....

Thanks Jason
Well, I've been struggling for about 3-4 days now with this site. It took over an hour to get one listing saved and ready to post!!!!!! Every thing that was done caused one of those lovely "connection was lost" screens with the big exclamation marks and the dreaded "try again" click box. Every time, it took at least 5 tries to finally get the page to load again, then it had lost what I had previously done. I am not having problems with any other web sites like this. I haven't read of others having problems this late after the outage, but something is definitely up (at least here anyway)... GRRRR!
Hmmm... I think the biggest problem for me is that we have S.L.O.W... internet, and while most sites will still load, I think auctiva times out. Needless to say, this is KILLING my productivity! Their servers are obviously not what other sites are - maybe that's why they need that upgrade. Whatever the case, if it doesn't get better, I'm doomed. To take an hour for a 5 minute listing - NOT acceptable. And I do use Firefox which is way better than IE9, which just totally erases everything I do everytime it craps out (at least FF will keep some to most of it - it's mostly about how many times I have to try to reload to get the page up and running...). This is worse than frustrating... and I have a support request in place on another topic that I added this to...
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.