Skip to main content

I'm not sure Pete, like I said I've avoided clicking on the link. But sometimes Ebay will use you as a guinea pig without your knowlege, which is probably what happened to Shirley.

When they were testing their new 'search' which was a horror btw, I was dragged into that...had to clear cookies & cache every time I logged on just to get out of it. They finally put an 'opt out' link in there after all the complaints they got. I wish they would just leave it all well enough alone Mad
Okay, here's an update. I posted this on an eBay board. I hope it helps someone keep from going bonkers.

And I hate that they call it the 'playground'! This is serious...

I'm stuck in the playground and can't get out!
I got put back into it this morning. No links show anywhere but I know I'm there. Even before going to Live Help. The second time I went, I got someone that actually cares, did all he could and is smart - Matthew. I even kept getting booted out of there. I'd ask for him back and would have to start over with a new person explaining the problem. I started just asking them to look up my other sessions that ended abruptly. Thankfully, one of those times, he was available again. We tried for over two hours. Now it's up to engineering.

In the meantime, I can't use the site much. I'm grateful the ASQ I had didn't hide their email address!

How am I here or anywhere else on eBay? lol (gotta laugh or cry) I've opened two browser windows, one for this and one to go elsewhere while waiting. I opened another tab here, to put on top and hide it because it irritates me to no end seeing it processing.

Engineering told Matthew that they haven't heard of this problem. That there shouldn't be any reason I'm not seeing the playground links. Let's try clearing cache and cookies again and see what happens. Beyond that, he honestly didn't know what to do.

Well, I've been very patient and I blew, telling him it's nothing personal. That's the same thing they told me when I went to them with the pay button problem. It was an unusual and unique issue and I got blown off, though she said she'd tell the technician department. (Remember how many started having that same issue in October, with rollout to repair on November 16th or 18th?)

I told him just because they haven't heard of it happening doesn't mean it won't because it has, to me, now.

And I'm very unhappy to hear this. I need help and should be able to get the help I need so I can list and deal with my current customers. And that since engineering hasn't heard of it, maybe they should pay me to present these problems to them since I seem to come across them when they're totally unheard of. Maybe they should take this 'playground' issue as a heads up for what's to come.

He had me run a search and give him the URL. HE could see the playground links where they're suppose to be. It was a bunch of gobbledygook for me and only one link was hidden in a row of gift pics. I highlighted all the text and found it. It didn't get me out though.

He's filed the report with the site engineers and it should be fixed shortly. I believe him, the part about reporting it, not the time frame. Smile He was quite frustrated at not being able to help me get up and running again.

His theory, and I think he's right, "From the sound of it, it looks like this "eBay playground testing" locks onto a member's IP Address." I think the engineers that will be repairing this should listen to him. I hope they do.

I was feeling somewhat like an idiot for not seeing that link before yesterday. Not any more. I'm once again sure it wasn't there and just happened to show up on the page where I saw it to get out. For a few hours. Now I'm locked in without a key. In the eBay Playground Twilight Zone! :_|
Wow what a mess Mad
I'm sure there was no link when you looked for it, things on Ebay have a way of appearing and disappearing.....like my 'sold items' column. Same thing...POOF* gone.It's not a big deal for now, but it will be next time I list. I did manage to get them back by custonizing my sold column for 'custom past 60 days' which I really don't want but it's the only way I can see the stuff.
I feel for ya Miss S! If only there were a really competitive auction site elsewhere, ebay would go bankrupt. I know I'd leave in a heartbeat. And speaking of the Twilight Zone that is ebay, on their DBs we used to say 'It's Rod'
Hope things get straightened out!
Hey Miss M. Smile
The site is just so full of glitches, it's amazing. Right now, it's a bit faster and I hope it lasts and continues the path to recovery. hmph!

You're absolutely right! It's the traffic that keeps us coming back for more, IMO. I've tried the crater. I may give it another whirl. I find it hard, for me, to keep what's on one site off the other. I'm afraid I'll list something at the same time. Eek

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.